|Main enemy:||The Cybermen|
|Printed in:||Radio Times|
|Release date:||1 June - 3 August 1996|
|Format:||Comic - 10 parts|
|Radio Times comic stories|
- You may wish to consult
Dreadnoughtfor other, similarly-named pages.
The Eighth Doctor arrives on a space vessel called the Dreadnought, where he meets Stacy, who is running from the Cybermen. They capture the Doctor and Stacy, who finds out that her fiancé, Bill, has become a Cyberman. The Cybermen tryed to force the Doctor into revealing the secrets of time trivel, but, as he refused to do so, they threatned to kill Stacy. In order to prevent Stacy's death, the Doctor led the Cybermen into the TARDIS. Once inside the TARDIS, the Doctor tries to mae contact with the cyber-converted Bill, who then attacks him. When Stacy makes him remember their relationship, he makes the ultimate sacrifice, killing himself to stop the Cybermen. After this the Doctor and Stacy depart in the TARDIS.
- The Doctor is wearing his blue coat.
- Bill and Stacy planned to get married at St. Christopher's Church in Norfolk.
- This story featured a new, sleeker version of the Cybermen design, later adapted for the Cybermen that appeared in WC: Real Time (possibly due to both using artist Lee Sullivan).
- Dreadnought was the comic debut of the Eighth Doctor. He was the first incarnation since the Fourth Doctor to make his comic debut outside Doctor Who Magazine.
- The back-up comic Prologue: The Eighth Doctor, also illustrated by Sullivan, showed an encounter with Cybermen of the same design.