|Main setting:||Uluru City, the far future|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Simon A. Forward|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release date:||March 2005|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
Dreamtime was the sixty-seventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in March 2005, it featured the Seventh Doctor and Ace and was the first story following his introduction in The Harvest for new companion Hex played by Philip Olivier.
Publisher's summary Edit
'The Dreamtime is living Time. The Dreaming is living myth.'
A city travels the stars, inhabited by stone ghosts. At its heart, an ancient remembrance of Earth. Mythical creatures stalk the streets and alien visitors have come in search of trade. But there is nothing to trade. Only fear. And death. And the stone ghosts.
For Hex's first destination in the TARDIS, it's about the strangest place he could have imagined. Weird and very far from wonderful. Adjustment to his new life could prove tough. But he will have to adjust and do more, just to stay alive, and Ace will have to be his guide through this lost city of shadows and predatory dreams.
And the Doctor is the first to go missing.
The Doctor has crossed into the Dreamtime.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Trade Negotiator Vresha - Tamzin Griffin
- Co-Ordinator Whitten - Jef Higgins
- Dream Commando Wahn - Brigid Lohrey
- Toomey - Josephine Mackerras
- Dream Commando Mulyan - Andrew Peisley
- Commander Korshal - Steffan Rhodri
- Baiame - John Scholes
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor demonstrates a working knowledge of certain Indigenous Australian tribal practices (such as referring to "Ayer's Rock" as Uluru and knowing that the use of the bull roarer and woomera are traditionally a male-only occupation) while being in the dark over other practices and beliefs (such as what bunyip and yowie are to the tribe who live around Uluru).
- The Galyari appear.
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 and 11 November 2004 at The Moat Studios.
- The Doctor mentions the Green Cross Code to Ace and Hex. A Green Cross Code PIF starring Third Doctor actor Jon Pertwee was broadcast in 1976, introducing the mnemonic "SPLINK".
- REF: aHistory arbitrarily dates the story to 9000, as it is set thousands of years after Uluru leaves Earth, which is being evacuated to escape an unspecified disaster (probably the solar flares mentioned in TV: The Ark in Space).
- The Sixth Doctor and Evelyn Smythe previously encountered the Galyari in the Clutch. (AUDIO: The Sandman)
- The Seventh Doctor's future companion Bernice Summerfield had previously encountered Commander Korshal in the Clutch in 2603. (AUDIO: The Bone of Contention)
- Hex describes his first meeting with the Doctor and seeing the inside of the TARDIS for the first time. (AUDIO: The Harvest)
- Uluru is sent into space to escape the end of the world. (TV: The Ark, The Ark in Space, The End of the World)
- Official Dreamtime page at bigfinish.com
- Dreamtime at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Dreamtime at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide