Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Eater of Wasps|
|Companion(s):||Fitz Kreiner, Anji Kapoor|
|Main enemy:||Wasps, Time Commandos|
|Main setting:||Marpling, England, 27 August 1933|
|Release date:||7 May 2001|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 36 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Vanishing Point||The Year of Intelligent Tigers|
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS lands in the sleepy English village of Marpling, as calm and peaceful as any other village in the 1930s. Or so it would seem at first glance. But the village is about to get a rude awakening.
The Doctor and his friends discover they aren't the only time-travellers in the area: a crack commando team is also prowling the Wiltshire countryside, charged with the task of recovering an appallingly dangerous artefact from the far future — and they have orders to destroy the entire area, should anything go wrong.
And then there are the wasps... mutant killers bringing terror and death in equal measure. What is their purpose? How can they be stopped? And who will be their next victim?
In the race to stop the horror that has been unleashed, the Doctor must outwit both the temporal hit squad, who want him out of the way, and the local police — who want him for murder.
- The Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Charles Rigby
- Hilary Pink
- George Pink
- Anthony Williams
- Margaret Havers
- Liam Jarrow
- Gwen Carlton
- John Jarrow
- Tom Carlton
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor has always wanted to drive a tractor.
- He claims to have been a sailor in 1933 during his stay on Earth and tells Fitz he cannot dance a jig, "but I'll show you my tattoo if you're lucky."
- He insists to Anji he can think and sleep at the same time.
- The Doctor stayed at Longleat with the Marquess of Bath.
- He likes butterflies.
- The Doctor has met Edgar Rice Burroughs and Tarzan.
- The Doctor uses a Gladstone bag.
Fitz Kreiner Edit
- Fitz hates wasps.
Music from the real world Edit
- The Doctor plays Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" on the piano.
- Fitz plays piano, specifically "Let It Be".
to be added
- The origin of the psi-weapon and the Time Agents is revealed in PROSE: Emotional Chemistry. They are the same Time Agents mentioned by Magnus Greel in TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
- A flashback in PROSE: The Year of Intelligent Tigers reveals that the Doctor learned of the attack on the train from a newspaper report during his exile on Earth, and that he intended to investigate the mysterious events one day.
- While examining the Doctor's pockets, Kala, Jode and Fatboy discover the note that Mary Minett wrote the Doctor in PROSE: Casualties of War, which the Doctor has kept his pocket since 1918.
- In PROSE: Trading Futures, the Doctor meets a time agent from Kala's era, gone rogue and working for his enemy Sabbath, who reveals that Kala comes from the 49th century.
- The Doctor hums an aria from Madame Butterfly. (TV: Doctor Who)