|Embrace the Darkness|
|Main setting:||Cimmeria IV|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Clayton Hickman|
|Release date:||April 2002|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Seasons of Fear||The Time of the Daleks|
Publisher's summary Edit
In a fight for survival, the Doctor must use all his wits against a deadly artificial life-form and an ancient race whose return to the Cimmerian System threatens suffering and death on an apocalyptic scale.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Orllensa - Nicola Boyce
- Ferras - Lee Moone
- Haliard - Mark McDonnell
- ROSM / Solarian / Cimmerian / Astrov[source needed] - Ian Brooker
- Cimmerian Voice - Nicholas Briggs
- Type 70 TARDISes emit a particular temporal energy discharge signature.
- Charley knows how to access the TARDIS' databank.
- ROSM is an acronym for Rescue Operational Security Module. It was designed by Professor Astrov.
- Humans once used ships equipped with solar sails to navigate through space. This practice was later documented on history vids.
- The Doctor is aware of several species who refer to themselves as the Solarians.
- This story was originally to have featured the Morestrans (who appeared in the television story Planet of Evil) instead of the Throxillians, but the rights could not be obtained from the BBC.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 January, 25 January and 26 January 2001.
- ROSM detects the anti-time infection in Charley's system but is unable to recognise it. (AUDIO: Neverland)
- The Doctor runs into a flotilla of Type 70 TARDISes in the Time Vortex and steers around them. He later learns the reasons for their presence from Lady President Romana during the anti-time crisis. (AUDIO: Neverland)
- The Celestial Toymaker would later refer to the Solarians in a riddle while Charley was playing his games in the Celestial Toyroom. (AUDIO: Solitaire)
- Official Embrace the Darkness page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Embrace the Darkness at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide