Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor, as ever, wants to help, but in returning a wounded combatant home, he becomes further and further entangled in a web of deceit and recrimination. A web spun by an eight-legged Empress and her minions...
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Racnoss Empress - Adjoa Andoh
- Old Racnoss Emperor / Herrax - Nigel Planer
- Racnoss Consort - Andrew French
- Alayna - Lisa Kay
- The Doctor quips that the Racnoss Consort must have eaten a lot of flies to reach his size.
- The Doctor boasts that his TARDIS beats an escape pod any day of the week, "except perhaps Pancake Tuesdays."
- The Doctor compares the bickering of the Racnoss Empress and Alayna to having two Tegans in the TARDIS at the same time.
- The Doctor describes the Racnoss Wars as "a long and bloody affair".
- The plot of the story is partially inspired by the play Medea. (BFX: Classic Doctors, New Monsters Volume Two)
- The Empress of the Racnoss refers to the Webstar. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Old Racnoss Emperor refers to Huon energy. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Racnoss were almost wiped out by the Fledgling Empires, including Gallifrey, during the Dark Times. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The Doctor makes use of the fast return switch. (TV: The Edge of Destruction, et. al)
- The Doctor would encounter the Empress of the Racnoss again in London on 24 December 2007 during his tenth incarnation. (TV: The Runaway Bride)