a real world point of view
|Enemy of the Daleks|
|Main enemy:||The Daleks, Kiseibya|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||May 2009|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Magic Mousetrap||The Angel of Scutari|
Enemy of the Daleks was the one hundred and twenty-first monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It featured Hex's first encounter with the Daleks, having encountered the Cybermen in his first story The Harvest.
Publisher's summary Edit
Bliss used to be a paradise planet. The Galapagos Islands of space. But when the TARDIS brings the Doctor, Ace and Hex to Bliss, it’s been over-run with ironweed plants, and the air is heavy with the stench of burnt silk and static electricity.
Worse, the Daleks are coming, on the trail of a lost patrol of starship troopers. Holed up in the Roarke 279 research facility, Lieutenant Beth Stokes is preparing her last stand against the invaders.
But there’s a secret on Bliss, a secret guarded by the obsessive Professor Shimura...
This time, could it be the Daleks need saving?
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Lieutenant Beth Stokes - Kate Ashfield
- Sergeant Tahira Khan - Bindya Solanki
- Professor Toshio Shimura - Eiji Kusuhara
- Sistermatic / Kiseibya / Male Patient / Male Voice - Jeremy James
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Dalek force is led by a Black Dalek.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 15 January 2009 at The Moat Studios.
- This audio release also included the second episode of The Three Companions "In Memoriam".
- The Doctor refers to the mission that the Time Lords sent him on to avert the creation of the Daleks. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- Ace previously encountered the Daleks in Shoreditch in November 1963 (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) and on Kar-Charrat in the 42nd century (AUDIO: The Genocide Machine).
- Hex compares the Daleks to the Cybermen that attacked St. Gart's Hospital in October 2021. (AUDIO: The Harvest)
- The Valkyries mention rumours of Dalek replicants, placing this story in the same time frame as TV: Resurrection of the Daleks where replicants were extensively used by the Daleks in that story.
- Detailed synopsis of Enemy of the Daleks at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- Official Enemy of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Enemy of the Daleks at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide