Publisher's summary Edit
Time and Space. Good and Evil. Gin and Tonic.
A novel which takes us from a dusty secondhand bookshop on Darlington, clear across the galaxy aboard a celestial double decker bus... all the way to the outlandish world of Hyspero, and the throne room of the Scarlet Empress... and the very brink of the strange pocket dimension called The Obverse...
This is a story about an object — a glass jar with mysterious contents — being the focus of a chase between Iris Wildthyme, Panda and their new friend Simon, and a bunch of gentlemen pirates of the Dogworld, who are determined to retrieve the strange jar and its even stranger contents.
- Iris Wildthyme
- Anthony Marvelle
- Jenny Winterleaf
- Vince Cosmos
- Tommy Tomorrow
- Trisha Tomorrow
- Mida Slike
- Iris has an office in London in July 1973 where she stores files too vital to keep on her person or aboard the bus.
- The Begins at Home is a spaceship.
- Iris' omnibus has a transdimensional pipeline linking to a Canadian lake in 1924.
to be added
- The Tomorrow Twins previously appeared in AUDIO: Horror of Glam Rock.
- MIAOW, Mida Slike, the Blithe Pinking Shears, the Poodles, and Hotel Miramar first appeared in PROSE: Mad Dogs and Englishmen.
- Barbra first appeared in PROSE: Sick Building.
- Barbra recalls when Iris saved her from the Dreadful Flap and took her to Darlington in 2008. (PROSE: The Dreadful Flap)
- The Glass Man of Valcea previously appeared in PROSE: The Blue Angel.
- Hyspero, the Aja'ib, and the Scarlet Empress first featured in PROSE: The Scarlet Empress.
- The Ringpull is mentioned. (AUDIO: Ringpullworld)
- Panda recalls living with Tom. (AUDIO: Wildthyme at Large)
- The Fourth Doctor and Mrs Wibbsey also visited Paris in June 1894. (AUDIO: The Demon of Paris)