a real world point of view
|Main enemy:||The Daleks|
|Release date:||29 October 2010|
|Doctor Who: Return to Earth|
The Doctor and Amy arrive at the Lake District to watch the humans leave the planet. Suddenly the TARDIS is lifted from them and bolted onto the evacuation ship. They have to make their way onto the ship before it leaves. As the ship launches, it has technical problems and they realise the Silurians have built a ship underneath. The Doctor finds a solution to make the ship work.
Suddenly a Dalek ship smashes into the human one and splits the Silurian half off. It’s the Dalek ship that chased the Time Axis into the sun – it was not destroyed, but made a random jump several hundred years into the past.
The Daleks are pleased that they can exact vengeance on the Doctor, but first they make him fix their ship. The Doctor goes along with their plan but tricks them into bolting the TARDIS onto their ship, which he promptly jumps into and uses to fling them into the nearest black hole.
to be added
to be added
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Sonic Screwdriver can store Music MP3s.
Earth locations Edit
- Bonnie Tyler, Daft Punk are mentioned.
- The Doctor mentions to Jason that he once had breakfast with the Who, but could not finish his food because it was thrown out of the window.
- The Doctor mentions that the Lake District reminds him of Lakeworld, planet of the lakes.
- There are plants in the junkyard that according to the Doctor, are from the Howling Nebula.
- There is a Mark 4 Hydraulic Hybrid robot found in the junkyard that needs its circuits repaired.
Silurian technology Edit
- Silurian symbols are found on the side of the Lady Gray.
- The Doctor reveals that the TARDIS has a 'Time-Defibrilating-Re-Bustler' switch (a shortened name for the 'If you press this then the TARDIS will stop being bigger on the inside than the outside and will crush us in 40 seconds switch.') When flipped, it makes the TARDIS interior shrink so that it is no longer bigger on the inside. This function can only be halted by reconfiguring the binaries with the aid of a Sonic Screwdriver. It looks like two dials.
- Also mentioned TARDIS switches include the Frictionator, which looks like three lever switches and the Resonator, that looks like a red button.
- Chapter 2 takes place mostly onboard the T27 Lady Gray space-ship.
Story notes Edit
- The TARDIS can be seen through the Foreman Cabin window.
- In the same room, the noticeboard sets this game in the year 2564AD, and on the week prior to the Summer Solstice.
- Amy seems to be good at hacking computers, a shared trait of the Doctor's past companion Donna.
Production errors Edit
- When you drag and drop the Sonic Screwdriver on the TARDIS' monitor when asked to look at the Pause Menu, Amy is replaced by a Silurian during the Doctor's line of dialogue.
- The Doctor and Amy arrive at the Lake District on the eve of the solar storms in the 29th century, as they had once observed in The Beast Below.
- In Eleanor's hut Still Life: Vase with Twelve Sunflowers, a painting by Vincent van Gogh is present as it had been in Vincent and the Doctor.
- Amy mentions custard and fish fingers. (TV: The Eleventh Hour)