|Release date:||29 October 2010|
|none||Return to Earth|
Evacuation Earth is one of two Doctor Who video games released on Nintendo consoles on 29 October 2010. The other was Return to Earth for the Nintendo Wii. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan voice the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond during some scenes of the game.
The Doctor and Amy arrive at the Lake District to watch the humans leave the planet. Suddenly the TARDIS is lifted from them and bolted onto the evacuation ship. They have to make their way onto the ship before it leaves. As the ship launches, it has technical problems and they realise the Silurians have built a ship underneath. The Doctor finds a solution to make the ship work.
Suddenly a Dalek ship smashes into the human one and splits the Silurian half off. It's the Dalek ship that chased the Time Axis into the sun – it was not destroyed, but made a random jump several hundred years into the past.
The Daleks are pleased that they can exact vengeance on the Doctor, but first they make him fix their ship. The Doctor goes along with their plan but tricks them into bolting the TARDIS onto their ship, which he promptly jumps into and uses to fly them to the edge of a black hole thousands of light years away. The Doctor mentioned that if the Daleks were quick enough they might escape, but that it would be a very long way to their or any other galaxy and that he'd just hoped that they had packed a good book.
Chapter 1 Edit
The game begins with the Doctor and Amy flying through time and space in the TARDIS. Amy asks where the "Larkhead Streaked" is because she thinks it sounds exotic. It is revealed that she misinterpreted what the Doctor said, which is "Fancy going to the Lake District?". Amy questions why the Doctor wants to go to the Lake District, to which the Doctor replies that "there's lots of reasons to go to the Lake District" and there might be a surprise for Amy, before asking for a screwdriver so he can improve his Sonic Screwdriver. When she gets up, Amy accidentally hits the time de-fibrilating re-bustler, which the Doctor calls the "if you press this, the TARDIS will stop being bigger on the inside than the outside and crush us in 40 seconds" switch. After reassembling his Sonic Screwdriver (which he dropped on the floor, causing it to break), he manages to stop the TARDIS from crushing him and Amy.
The Doctor and Amy head outside and then begin to explore. While looking at the view from a platform, they hear a clatter from where the TARDIS was and investigate, only to find that the TARDIS is gone. They head down to the entrance of a small village named "Scraptown" and meet a man called George, who is trying to sort through his sockets. After the Doctor and Amy help him, he lets them enter Scraptown to search for the TARDIS.
At the entrance to the construction yard, the Doctor and Amy meet Jason who is bored about his job. Amy suggests getting music for him to listen to while he stands guard, to which Jason agrees. The Doctor and Amy go to find a music pocket in the junkyard, but the gate to the junkyard is locked. They ask George for the key and, after they help him pack his suitcase, he lets them go out the back door of his house and they find a lock pick and a broken blender, which the Doctor fixes with his Sonic Screwdriver. The Doctor and Amy find the music Pocket, only to find that it has been wiped. Luckily, the Doctor puts some music in it using his Sonic Screwdriver. The Doctor suggests that he puts in Bonnie Tyler but Amy thinks that Daft Punk would be better. When they give the music pocket to Jason, he asks if Bonnie Tyler is on the Music pocket.
- The Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Jason Venezia
- Roy Calvert
- Tina Lockheart
to be added
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Sonic Screwdriver can store Music MP3s.
Earth locations Edit
- Bonnie Tyler and Daft Punk are mentioned.
- The Doctor mentions to Jason that he once had breakfast with the Who, but could not finish his food because it was thrown out of the window.
- The Doctor mentions that the Lake District reminds him of Lakeworld, planet of the lakes.
- There are plants in the junkyard that according to the Doctor, are from the Howling Nebula.
- There is a Mark 4 Hydraulic Hybrid robot found in the junkyard that needs its circuits repaired.
Silurian technology Edit
- Silurian symbols are found on the side of the Lucy Gray.
- The Doctor reveals that the TARDIS has a 'Time-Defibrilating-Re-Bustler' switch (a shortened name for the 'If you press this then the TARDIS will stop being bigger on the inside than the outside and will crush us in 40 seconds switch.') When flipped, it makes the TARDIS interior shrink so that it is no longer bigger on the inside. This function can only be halted by reconfiguring the binaries with the aid of a Sonic Screwdriver. It looks like two dials.
- Also mentioned TARDIS switches include the Frictionator, which looks like three lever switches and the Resonator, that looks like a red button.
- Chapter 2 takes place mostly onboard the T27 Lucy Gray space-ship.
Story notes Edit
- The TARDIS can be seen through the Foreman Cabin window.
- In the same room, the noticeboard sets this game in the year 2564AD, and in the week prior to the Summer Solstice.
- Amy seems to be good at hacking computers, a shared trait of the Doctor's past companion Donna.
Production errors Edit
- When you drag and drop the Sonic Screwdriver on the TARDIS' monitor when asked to look at the Pause Menu, Amy is replaced by a Silurian during the Doctor's line of dialogue.
- The Doctor and Amy arrive at the Lake District on the eve of the solar storms in the 29th century, as they had once observed in The Beast Below.
- In Eleanor's hut Still Life: Vase with Twelve Sunflowers, a painting by Vincent van Gogh is present as it had been in Vincent and the Doctor.
- Amy mentions custard and fish fingers. (TV: The Eleventh Hour)
- The Doctor compared the SS Lucy Gray to the Starship UK. (TV: The Beast Below)
- The Daleks that crashed on the SS Lady Gray with their shuttle were the same Daleks that the Doctor and Amy had defeated in the future. They had escaped somehow. (GAME: Return to Earth)
- The Doctor had seen holographic photos of Tina Lockheart, Jason Venezia and Roy Calvert centuries later on the SS Lady Grey. (GAME: Return to Earth)