Excelis Rising was the second story in the Excelis Saga.
Publisher's summary Edit
A thousand years after his first visit to the planet Artaris, the Doctor returns. The city of Excelis has grown, spreading a vast Empire throughout the globe. Science and engineering have provided a new Age of Reason.
But the more things change, the more they stay the same, and once again death follows the mysterious Relic through the halls of the Imperial Museum.
When the Doctor finds himself helping the Curator and the local authorities with this mystery, he finds himself crossing paths with a familiar face from Excelis' history —- but no-one lives for a thousand years, do they?
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Reeve Maupassant - Anthony Head
- The Curator - Charles Kay
- Minister Pryce - James Lailey
- Inquisitor Danby - Nicky Goldie
- Mother Superior - Patricia Leventon
- Solomon - Rupert Laight
- Thief - Toby Walton
- Whispering Voice - David Darlington
- Lord Grayvorn has been officially declared a myth, though a few know the truth of his existence. It is said that he shall return at the time of Excelis' greatest need.
- This is the second part of the Excelis Saga.
- Solomon is named after Colin Baker's character in BBV's The Stranger series, Minister Pryce after actor Jonathan Pryce, Danby after ghost anthology editor Mary Danby, and Maupassant after French writer Guy de Maupassant.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 November 2001.
- The Doctor previously visited Artaris in the 10th century during his fifth incarnation (AUDIO: Excelis) and would later do so again in 2301 during his seventh incarnation. (AUDIO: Excelis Decays)
- Official Excelis Rising page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Excelis Rising at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide