Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||Joseph Manver|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who: Battles in Time (magazine)|
|Release date:||2 May 2007|
|Format:||Comic - 1 Part (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Plague Panic||Wrath of the Warrior|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Martha go sightseeing in Harankast, when they stumble on an ugly secret...
The Doctor and Martha arrive on the beautiful and peaceful earth colony of Harankast. Only the Doctor hears a buzzing sound in the distance while a local vagrant introduces himself as Joseph Manver. Manver warns them of things not right, government conspiracies, young people disappearing and weird creatures.
The Doctor and Martha's arrival was also seen by the native Ranfo, giant, tailed, frog-like creatures who kidnap them and take them back to their camp, where an uprising against the city dwellers is being planned. The City Dwellers are destroying the planet by riding around in their new cars which produce toxic clouds to destroy the countryside. The people, who once lived in harmony with the Ranfo, seem to be oblivious to their damage
The Doctor realises they are being influenced by a brainwashing beam that only he can hear. A multitude of artificial flies act like aerials. They beam the signals to the colonists. Each of the flies carries the logo of Manver Autos, the maker of the new environmentally unfriendly cars. The vagrant they met on arrival, Joseph Manver, had picked up their arrival. Suspecting they may upset his plans to convince the colonists to buy his new cars, he met the Doctor and Martha undercover to check out how much of a threat they pose.
Manver orders the flies to attack but the Ranfo attack the flies. The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to disable the flies' shared network. The colonists are no longer under Manver's influence. After a joy ride back to the TARDIS on the back of the Ranfo, Joseph Manver is led away by the police.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- This Scooby Doo style story has a give-away clue in the first frame of the strip, where a car in the background carries Manver's logo.
- Once again the Doctor wears his glasses for precision work, this time disorienting the flies.
- Without introduction, this is Martha's first appearance.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
Original print details Edit
- 1/1 DWBIT 17 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
to be added