|Main enemy:||Time Lords|
|Main setting:||Gallifrey; London, 2000|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Clayton Hickman|
|Release date:||October 2003|
|Doctor Who Unbound|
|Deadline||A Storm of Angels|
Exile was the sixth Doctor Who Unbound produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the first long-form story to feature a female Doctor played by Arabella Weir. It also featured Nicholas Briggs as the previous (to the female Doctor) incarnation of the Doctor.
Publisher's summary Edit
What if...the Doctor had escaped the justice of the Time Lords?
"They want to punish me for being me!"
All the Doctor has to do to avoid being caught by the Time Lords is work in a supermarket and go to the pub. It's a cunning plan — certainly far less dangerous than fighting the dreaded Quarks and all those other alien fiends.
But just when everything seemed mundane and safe, alien transmissions, exploding poison gas, Princess Anne and wobbly trolleys burst onto the scene to ruin everything. It's a crisis! A fiendish alien plot! And the Doctor must use all the resources at her disposal to defeat it. She'll probably need to have a large vodka first, though.
to be added
- The Doctor- Arabella Weir
- Cherrie - Hannah Smith
- Cheese - Jeremy James
- Time Lord 1 - Toby Longworth
- Time Lord 2 - David Tennant
- Mr Baggit - Graham Duff
- Previous Doctor - Nicholas Briggs
- It is stated that for a Time Lord to change gender, the previous incarnation must commit suicide.
- The Doctor uses Venusian aikido on a drunk man named Bob.
- A female Thirteenth Doctor also appeared in TV: The Curse of Fatal Death.
- The story features David Tennant as a Time Lord. He would later play the Tenth Doctor from 2005 to 2010.
- The pseudonyms that the previous Doctor attributes to the Master are Roger, Peter, Geoffrey, Tony and Eric. This is a reference to the actors who played the character of the Master on television: Roger Delgado, Peter Pratt, Geoffrey Beevers, Anthony Ainley and Eric Roberts.
- This audio drama was recorded on 1 September 2003.
- The Doctor uses the pseudonym "Susan Foreman" while on Earth. (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- The Doctor mentions that she has defeated the Quarks on numerous occasions. (TV: The Dominators, COMIC: Invasion of the Quarks, COMIC: The Killer Wasps, COMIC: Jungle of Doom, COMIC: Martha the Mechanical Housemaid, COMIC: The Duellists, COMIC: Death Race)
- The Doctor still has her sonic screwdriver (TV: Fury from the Deep) and practices Venusian aikido (TV: Inferno).
- The Doctor mentions her role in combating the 22nd century Dalek invasion of Earth. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- The War Lord and his people are erased from history by the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games)
- The Time Lords use scarecrows to track down the Doctor. (COMIC: The Night Walkers)
- The Time Lords say that had the Doctor cooperated, she could have worked for a secret government organization and fought alien invasions. (TV: Spearhead from Space et al.)
- Official Exile page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Exile at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide