|Main character(s):||Jack, Gwen, Rhys Williams|
|Writer:||John and Carole E. Barrowman|
|Cover by:||Danny Grogan|
|Release date:||13 September 2012|
|BBC Torchwood novels|
|The Men Who Sold the World||none|
Exodus Code was the first Torchwood novel published following the conclusion of Torchwood: Miracle Day in 2011. It was the second Torchwood collaboration between John Barrowman and his sister, Carole following the comic story Captain Jack and the Selkie in 2009.
Publisher's summary Edit
It starts with a series of unexplained events. Earth tremors across the globe. Women being driven insane by their heightened and scrambled senses. And the world is starting to notice – the number one Twitter trend is #realfemmefatales.
Governments and scientists are bewildered and silent. The world needs Torchwood, but there's not much of Torchwood left.
Captain Jack has tracked the problem to its source: a village in Peru, where he's uncovered evidence of alien involvement. In Cardiff, Gwen Cooper has discovered something alien and somehow connected to Jack. If the world is to be restored, she has to warn him – but she's quickly becoming a victim of the madness too...
- Captain Jack Harkness
- Gwen Cooper
- Rhys Williams
- Andy Davidson
- Mary Cooper
- Anwen Williams
- Doctor Olivia Steele
- Rex Matheson
- Rex Matheson has been appointed Deputy Director of the CIA.
- Gwen, Rhys and Anwen are still living with Mary Cooper in Swansea.
- This is the first Torchwood novel set after the events of Miracle Day.
- The events of AUDIO: Fallout are referred to.
- There are numerous references to Miracle Day and the aftermath of it.
- Sarah Jane Smith has told Jack about the time she encountered the Helix Intelligence. (TV: The Masque of Mandragora) Jack remembers her story in order to come up with a plan.
- Reference is made to the previous Helix encounter in 2009 (PROSE: Beautiful Chaos), when "a virus infected the net". Vlad was one of the techs assigned to study it.
to be added