Exotron was the ninety-fifth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in 2007, it was the the second audio story that featured the Fifth Doctor and Peri Brown without Erimem. The first, Red Dawn, had been published seven years earlier in the year 2000.
Publisher's summary Edit
Exotron (A Three-Part Story)
"The Farakosh attack us — and my Exotrons defend us."
On a distant colonial outpost of Earth, a group of terraformers is under threat from the planet's most fearsome predator: the giant carnivorous Farakosh. All that stands between the colonists and a grisly death are the Exotrons — huge robots equipped with devastating firepower, designed by the outpost's leader, Major Taylor.
But all is not as it seems. How are the Exotrons controlled, and where did the colonists find the resources to build them? The Doctor wants answers and Taylor is reluctant to provide them.
Meanwhile, outside the compound, the Farakosh are massing...
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Hector Taylor - John Duttine
- Paula Taylor - Isla Blair
- Sergeant Shreeni / Secretary of the Interior Ballentyne - Nick Brimble
- Corporal Mozz / Christian Liptoye - Richard Earl
- Weiss / Kucha / Computer - Claire Wyatt
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor has studied Greek and knows the language.
- Paula is the former wife of Major Hector Taylor.
- Taylor's co-conspirator in the Exotron project is Secretary of the Interior Ballentyne, whose office is in Brussels, Belgium.
- Paula had an affair with a lieutenant named Christian, which led to the deterioration of her marriage. He was killed by a Farakosh six months earlier.
- The Farakosh are a telepathic species. Consequently, the planet is immersed in telepathic fields.
- Whenever the Exotrons are activated, it causes the Farakosh pain as the Exotron Net disrupts their natural telepathic field.
Government organisations Edit
- Peri studies the xerophytes on the unnamed Earth colony and collects several samples to bring back to the TARDIS.
- Exotron is three episodes long. The other episode on the second disc is Urban Myths.
- This release includes behind-the-scenes interviews with members of the cast.
- After AUDIO: Red Dawn, this is only the second Fifth Doctor audio drama to feature Peri but not Erimem.
- This audio drama was recorded on 5 and 6 February 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- REF: AHistory arbitrarily places this story in 2350 due to the level of technology depicted.
- Peter Davison and John Duttine had previously worked together on the television series Ain't Misbehavin' from 1994 to 95.
- An illustrated preview for this story appeared in Doctor Who Magazine issue 382 with artwork by Martin Geraghty.
- Peri uses her botany skills to analyse the plants on the colony. (TV: The Mark of the Rani, Timelash)
- Official Exotron page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Exotron at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide