|Main character(s):||Romana II, Leela|
|Main enemy:||The Daleks|
|Main setting:||Gallifrey (alternate timeline)|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release number:||Chapter 22|
|Release date:||16 October 2013|
Publisher's summary Edit
As her new world falls to the might of the Dalek invasion force, Romana finds herself struggling to keep her friends alive as the Capitol collapses around her.
Against all odds, there may be a way out — back to the Axis and, potentially, back home. But desperate times call for desperate measures and, ultimately, sacrifices...
to be added
- Supreme Leader Romana - Lalla Ward
- Outcast Leader Leela - Louise Jameson
- Chancellor Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Castellan Slyne - Peter Sheward
- Guard Commander Lukas / Outsider - Scott Arthur
- Allora - Maggie Ollerenshaw
- Councillor Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- Andred - Andy Coleman
- Councillor Rahvon - Marcus Harris
- Jamalan - Jack Baggs
- Narvin has never previously encountered the Daleks.
- Romana contemptuously refers to the Daleks' creator Davros as "that creature."
- In the alternative timeline, the Regenerators are unaware of the Daleks' existence.
- Romana tells Castellan Slyne that the Daleks' eye stalks are their weakest point.
- Romana refers to Leela as her best friend.
- Before his death, Andred showed Leela how to operate a staser.
- After gaining control of the Axis, the Daleks conquered multiple Gallifreys in different alternative timelines.
- K9 fled to another alternative timeline after the Daleks arrived on the Axis.
- The Supreme Dalek accompanied the invasion taskforce to the alternative Gallifrey.
- This audio's cover notably features the image of a Dalek of the design first introduced by the revived Doctor Who series in 2005, indicating that the events of Gallifrey are approaching the Last Great Time War. This preceeds Big Finish's 2015 acquisition of the license to produce audios based on the revived Doctor Who by a year and a half.
- Romana states that she first met the Daleks in the Proxima System during her first incarnation (AUDIO: The Dalek Contract / The Final Phase) and later on their homeworld Skaro while she was travelling with the Fourth Doctor (TV: Destiny of the Daleks). After leaving the TARDIS, she encountered them once again on Etra Prime. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- Leela refers to meeting the Daleks on Earth and the Moon on 30 January 2025. (AUDIO: Energy of the Daleks)
- Narvin tells Leela that he can no longer regenerate as his remaining regenerations were extracted as a form of torture on another alternative Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Reborn)
- Allora tells the Daleks that she was imprisoned by Romana. (AUDIO: Emancipation)
- The Daleks refer to the fact that the Irving Braxiatel of the proper timeline was once their ally but that he betrayed them. The alternative Braxiatel is exterminated as they believe that he would likely betray them as well if they were to ally themselves with him. (AUDIO: Death and the Daleks)
- The Daleks recognise Romana as Unit 117 from her time as their prisoner and her involvement in the Archetryx operation. They still believe her to be Lady President of the High Council of the Time Lords. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- One of the Outsiders mentions that Leela has not been seen since she entered the Capitol with the Regenerators. (AUDIO: Arbitration)
- Romana recalls that she was shocked that the Fifth Doctor ran away from his responsibilities after he was appointed Lord President of Gallifrey. (TV: The Five Doctors)