Publisher's summary Edit
Life on Earth can be an adventure, too. You just need to know where to look.
Bea, a resident of a retirement home, is being haunted by a ghostly nun. When Sarah Jane, Luke and Maria investigate, they're surprised to find that Bea has had just as many intergalactic adventures as Sarah Jane. But they're not the only ones who are interested in the souvenirs from her travels. What do the Sisterhood want from Bea? And what are they protecting?
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Luke Smith
- Maria Jackson
- Clyde Langer
- Alan Jackson
- Mr Smith
- Bea Nelson-Stanley
- Edgar Nelson-Stanley
- Edith Randall
- Sylvia Gribbins
- The Abbess
- Sister Helena
- Edith Randall had a Toby jug collection.
- Clyde Langer said that by the time that he was fourty he would get his brain inside a robot and live for ever. Sarah Jane Smith shook her head, this reminded her of the Cybermen, who could do that. She had encountered them before and did not like to think about them.
- Sylvia Gribbins thought that St Agnes Abbey was "a long way off anything in The Sound of Music" and the nuns didn't remind her much of Julie Andrews, either.
- The TV at the community room at the Lavender Lawns Rest Home blew up half an hour before the latest Coronation Street wedding.
- Luke and Clyde played the video game Alien Devastation 3.
- Sister Helena reminded Clyde a little bit of Claudia Schiffer.
- Bea Nelson-Stanley sung On A Slow Boat To China.
- Sarah Jane mentioned the Greek poet Homer.
- On Bea Nelson-Stanley's old player the song Catch A Falling Star by Perry Como was played. Bea was swaying to the music. Later Bea listened to Bing Crosby.
- Bea Nelson-Stanley and Edgar Nelson-Stanley saw wonderful things, among them people made of light, mermaids leaping with dolphins, and young Yetis frolicking in the snow.
- In Greek mythology, Polydectes is a king and marries Perseus' mother.
- Jenny Randall is the daughter and Mark Randall the son of Edith Randall.
- Mrs Pittman is Clyde's history teacher.
- The residents of the Lavender Lawns Rest Home watch Coronation Street.
- At the time of the Reformation King Henry VIII declares himself as the head of the English church. Under his daughter Elizabeth I, priests and followers of the Catholic Church find themselves being persecuted.
- The following character's first names were mentioned: Mrs Randall -> Edith Randall, Mrs Gribbins -> Sylvia Gribbins
Deviations from the televised story Edit
to be added
to be added