|Publisher:||Obverse Books, Random Static, Mad Norwegian Press|
|Type:||Book, audio and comic series|
|Release date:||17 September 2002 -|
The Faction Paradox series is a collection of audio, prose and comic stories begun and majority-owned by Lawrence Miles. It centres on Faction Paradox, a group introduced in the Doctor Who novel Alien Bodies.
Mad Norwegian Press Edit
Mad Norwegian Press began its Faction Paradox novel series in 2002.
- The Book of the War — Lawrence Miles et al. (2002)
- This Town Will Never Let Us Go — Lawrence Miles (2003)
- Dead Romance (2003) — Lawrence Miles (a reprint of the New Adventures novel)
- Of the City of the Saved... — Philip Purser-Hallard (2004)
- Warlords of Utopia — Lance Parkin (2004)
- Warring States — Mags L. Halliday (2005)
- Erasing Sherlock — Kelly Hale (2006)
Random Static Edit
In 2008, New Zealand-based publishers Random Static published a single Faction Paradox novel.
Obverse Books Edit
Obverse Books acquired the Faction Paradox prose license in 2010.
- Against Nature – Lawrence Burton (2013)
- The Brakespeare Voyage – Simon Bucher-Jones and Jon Dennis (2013)
- Head of State - Andrew Hickey (2015)
- Weapons Grade Snake Oil - Blair Bidmead (2016)
Obverse has released multiple Faction Paradox short story anthologies, including their ongoing City of the Saved anthology series.
- A Romance in Twelve Parts — edited by Stuart Douglas (2011)
- Burning with Optimism's Flames — edited by Jay Eales (2012)
- Liberating Earth — edited by Kate Orman (2015)
The Faction Paradox Protocols Edit
BBV Productions released three two-part audios in their series The Faction Paradox Protocols between 2001 and 2004.
- The Eleven-Day Empire (2001)
- The Shadow Play (2001)
- Sabbath Dei (2003)
- In the Year of the Cat (2003)
- Movers (2003)
- A Labyrinth of Histories (2004)
The True History of Faction Paradox Edit
In 2004, Magic Bullet Productions obtained the Faction Paradox audio license and began their The True History of Faction Paradox series, which ended in 2009.
- Coming to Dust
- The Ship of a Billion Years
- Body Politic
- Words from Nine Divinities
- The Judgement of Sutekh
In 2003, the first two issues of a Faction Paradox comic were produced by Mad Norwegian and published by Image Comics. The series was subsequently cancelled. The comic was written by Lawrence Miles with art from Jim Calafiore, and inks by Peter Palmiotti. It was set between the War's end in The Shadows of Avalon and The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.