False Gods (audio story)Redirected from False Gods
|Main enemy:||Neutralisation Robots|
|Main setting:||The Valley of the Kings, Egypt, 1902|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox, Lauren Yason|
|Post production:||Richard Fox, Lauren Yason|
|Release date:||November 2008|
|Format:||1 X 25 minutes|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Brotherhood of the Daleks||Order of Simplicity|
It was notable for featuring Benedict Cumberbatch's first appearance in performed Doctor Who and for showing a Time Lord other than the Doctor confronting the legal ramifications of breaking the Laws of Time.
Publisher's summary edit
In the blistering heat of the Egyptian desert Howard Carter and his team search for the lost tomb of Userhat, a servant of the god Amun. What they discover sheds new light on the history of the world as we know it.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Howard Carter - Benedict Cumberbatch
- Jane Templeton - Lucy Adams
- Robert Charles/Robot - Paul Lincoln
- Creodont - Jon Glover
Foods and beverages edit
- Ace mentions that Hex is better at making tea than she is.
Gallifreyan laws edit
- The story enumerates two specific criminal offences under Gallifreyan law. When a Time Lord sets her or himself up as a god in another culture, this is a "Class Two Intervention". Its penalty is vaporisation. Materially affecting the physical properties of a planet, such as its axial rotation, counts as a "Class One Intervention".
- In the far future, Earth's ozone layer is compromised to the extent that life can no longer be sustained on the planet.
- The way to kill a TARDIS is to pilot it into the heart of a star.
Time Lords edit
- Jane is a Time Lord, a Time Lord Academy student in "Year 45". At the time the Doctor meets her, she is in her thirteenth life, having used up her regenerations whilst stranded on Earth for thousands of years.
- Plans were in place for The Daily Telegraph to release this story as a free standalone download to accompany a feature article about the Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories. These plans were postponed.
to be added
- Forty-five at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Forty-five at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide