"Far future" is a title based upon conjecture.
Scrub away the lists, ladies.
This article contains far too many bulleted lists. These sections should be converted into normal prose.
- 101st century - The Sixth Doctor prevented the Nestene Consciousness from taking over the New Earth Republic. (PROSE: Synthespians™)
- 108th century - The Crystal Bucephalus was established. (PROSE: The Crystal Bucephalus)
- 12,005 - The New Roman Empire existed. (TV: The End of the World)
- 16,087 - The inhabitants of the Nerva Beacon were reawakened by the Fourth Doctor and his companions, who also prevented Styre from enabling a Sontaran invasion of the galaxy. (TV: The Ark in Space, The Sontaran Experiment) Afterwards they recolonised Earth and resumed the Olympic Games. However, the fragmentary historical records state that the Games were held every fourth of a year instead of once every four years. (AUDIO: Wirrn Isle)
- 16,127 - The Olympic Games were being held in the planet's main settlement, Nerva City, the former site of New York City, at the time of the Sixth Doctor and Flip Jackson's arrival in the city. (AUDIO: Wirrn Isle)
- ca. 17,000 - The Daleks attempted an invasion of Venus. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- 171st century - The Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond visited the Delirium Archive. After finding a message from River Song on an artefact, they left for the 51st century to find her. (TV: The Time of Angels)
- 22,000 - The Charrl inhabited Earth at this time, calling it Antýkhon. Muldwych was exiled here. Some of the Charrl travelled through the Great Divide to the early 20th century. (PROSE: Birthright, AUDIO: Birthright)
- 34,600 - The Platonic War occurred. Haralto Wong Bopz Wim-Waldon Arlene died. (PROSE: The Slitheen Excursion)
- 37,166 - There was a Morestran expedition to the planet Zeta Minor. (TV: Planet of Evil)
- 455th century - According to the Ninth Doctor, the standard galactic code of the 455th century was a universally recognised form of communication. (PROSE: Doctor vs Doctor)
- 50,000 - Zanthus Pia, head of the Galactic Peace Commission, was murdered by Ahab. (TV: The Bounty Hunter)
- 51,007 - The Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond met the Terraphiles and Captain Cornelius. (PROSE: The Coming of the Terraphiles)
- 199,909 - The Mighty Jagrafess was installed by the Daleks inside Satellite Five, which broadcast news across the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire.
- 200,000 - Cathica Santini Khadeni killed the Jagrafess. (TV: The Long Game)
- 200,100 - The Ninth Doctor, Rose Tyler, and Jack Harkness were stolen from the TARDIS and taken to the Game Station by the Controller. Rose used the heart of the TARDIS to become the Bad Wolf, destroying the Daleks. (TV: The Parting of the Ways) Jack Harkness was killed, made immortal by the Bad Wolf, and abandoned by the Doctor here, leaving for early 21st century Cardiff, but landing in 1869. (TV: Utopia)
- 292,009 - The Tenth Doctor visited the planet Arcopolis to deactivate the Fortress. (PROSE: The Eyeless)
- c. 317,000 - Humans encroach on the domain of the Sulumians in the eighth dimension. Thorgan makes at least two attempts to change history to prevent the incursion. (PROSE: The Gallifrey Chronicles)
- 438,533 - Chantal Osterberg created the Hy-Bractors. (PROSE: Only Human)
- 500,000 - Humanity on Earth evolved into Haemovores. The last creature alive in the polluted world was Ingiger, the Ancient One, who was brought to the 10th century by the power of Fenric. (TV: The Curse of Fenric)
- 848,988 - The Seventh Doctor and Ace visited Prague. (PROSE: Sunday Afternoon, 848,988 AD)
- 2,000,000 - The Time Lords moved Earth light years across space, devastating its surface. It became known as Ravolox. (TV: The Mysterious Planet) At some time thereafter the planet was restored to its original location and eventually came to be known as Earth again. (TV: The End of the World)
- 4,000,000 - The Usurians exploited and ruthlessly taxed humans on Pluto. (TV: The Sun Makers)
- ca. 10,000,000 - The last humans left on Earth and the Monoids evacuated the planet, bound for Refusis II. (TV: The Ark)
- ca. 10,000,700 - The Ark arrived at Refusis. (TV: The Ark)
- In the billions of years after this and before the Earth's final destruction, the National Trust preserved the uninhabited Earth, using gravity satellites to hold back the sun, and restored it back to a "classic Earth".
- 35,000,000 - By this time the common mouse has evolved into a humanoid form, becoming the smartest creature on Earth. (PROSE: Omegamorphosis)
- [] - This was the most peaceful point of interstellar history. (PROSE: I am a Dalek)
- 4,999,999,740 - New Savannah was added to the New Earth Empire. (COMIC: Agent Provocateur)
- 5,000,000,000 - According to one account, Earth was finally destroyed when the Sun expanded. An event was hosted on Platform One for some of the richest people to observe the event, but the guests were too busy saving themselves from the sabotage of the platform by metal spiders and the breach of its shields to watch the event. By this point Cassandra O'Brien.Δ17 was the only living "pure human", though there were several people who were mostly human spread throughout the stars. (TV: The End of the World)
- Facsimile editions of Agatha Christie's novels including Death in the Clouds were still being published in this year. The Tenth Doctor possessed such an edition in his TARDIS. (TV: The Unicorn and the Wasp)
- Around this time the Eleventh Doctor photographed what had been the site of the Caliburn House as part of his investigation of the Caliburn Ghost. (TV: Hide)
- 5,000,000,023 - The Sisters of Plenitude, an order of nurses, was found to have been experimenting upon artificially created humans in New New York Hospital. After the experiments were uncovered, the order was taken into custody by the New New York Police Department and the new humans went on to form a subspecies of humanity. (TV: New Earth)
- 5,000,000,029 - A new "mood" called Bliss was released on New Earth. The product went wrong when a virus mutated in it, killing most of the population of New Earth (the survivors were those in New New York's Undercity, which was blocked off) and everything else within seven minutes, when the virus even resulted in the death of itself. To protect the citizens of the Undercity, the Motorway was created, trapping - and thus, saving - them. (TV: Gridlock)
- 5,000,000,053 - New New York's Undercity citizens were finally free from the undercity. The Face of Boe died after sacrificing himself to save the inhabitants of New Earth, and revealed his secret to the Tenth Doctor - "You are not alone". At this time, humans continued to thrive, and some had interbred with other human-like species. (TV: Gridlock)
- 5,000,001,023 - The cure for Petrifold Regression was discovered, despite the fact that the Sisters of Plenitude had already developed a cure a thousand years previously. (TV: New Earth)
- ca. 10,000,000,000 - According to one account, Sol exploded, rendering non-viable the star system in which Earth once existed. (TV: Colony in Space)
- 60,000,000,000 - This was the earliest projected date for Event Two. (AUDIO: Zagreus)
- 100,000,000,000,000 - Humans, Futurekind, and some other aliens still survived in the elderly Universe, and "end of all ages", when most stars and galaxies were extinguished. Those surviving humans prepared to journey to Utopia. They made it, but they found the planet uninhabitable, and to survive they made themselves into cyborgs known as the Toclafane. (TV: Utopia, Last of the Time Lords)
- 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - This was the latest projected date for Event Two of an alternate universe. (PROSE: The Infinity Doctors)
- The end of the universe — Orson Pink accidentally time travelled all the way to the end of the universe, where the Twelfth Doctor found him on the last planet and brought him to the early 22nd century. (TV: Listen)
- The War Doctor piloted Partheus's TARDIS to the end of the Universe. Cinder fired the Tear of Isha into a Red Giant, collapsing it. (PROSE: Engines of War)
Behind the scenes Edit
- "Far future" is a term used for convenience on this wiki for events that occur during a hard to define period that is more difficult to describe than other time periods. It should be noted that time is a relative concept for individuals that use time travel. Therefore this term is conjectural.