a real world point of view
|Faster Than Light|
|Companion(s):||Amy Pond and Rory Williams|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||DWA 256|
|Release date:||16 February 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Cold Comfort||The Fairest of Them All|
The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams arrive onboard the star ship Solaros 10 as the crew -- Professor Parsek and pilot Sorben -- prepare to travel faster than the speed of light for the first time. The Doctor's warning comes to late. As the solar stack redlines, the Professor is caught in a blast of a condensed solar energy flare with the unfortunate side effect of transforming him into some kind of neoform reptilioplas. A second blast leaves Sorben out cold.
As the ship's energy drives go into meltdown, the Doctor (working with his sonic screwdriver), reverses the polarity of the energy dischargers. The mutation field is drained and Professor Parsek is returned to normal. As the TARDIS leaves the ship. Parsek and Sorben are revealed to be Silurians, grateful to the unknown strangers for their livess.
Named characters Edit
- The sonic screwdriver is used to “reverse the polarity” of the energy dischargers.
- The Silurians travel faster than the speed of light for the first time.
- The space-travelling Silurian crew of the Solaros 10 are not named as Silurians in the story.
- This is the first DWA comic to feature a televised enemy, unlike Doctor Who Magazine which had featured a variety of TV created enemies from early in its publication history.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 256 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
to be added