- You may be looking for the K9 episode.
Fear Itself was the sole BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel to feature a story that used only the eighth incarnation of the Doctor. He had earlier been a part of Wolfsbane, but that was primarily a Fourth Doctor adventure.
It featured companions Anji Kapoor and Fitz Kreiner. Until the release five years later of the audio story Fitz's Story, it was the final note of the continuity which had begun in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures range. In truth, it was effectively a part of the EDA line, but was published as a PDA because the Ninth Doctor had debuted on television by the time the story was published. Thus, when it hit bookstores, Fear Itself was actually telling the story of a "past" incarnation.
Publisher's summary Edit
The 22nd century: a few short years of interstellar contact have taught humanity a hard lesson — there are creatures abroad that are nightmare manifest. Powerful, unstoppable, alien forces. It's a realisation that deals a body blow to man's belief in his own superiority, and leaves him with the only option he has ever had: to fight.
When the Eighth Doctor and his friends are caught in the crossfire, they find humanity licking its wounds and preparing for war. But the fight against alien forces is no job for an amateur, and for a Doctor only just finding his way in the universe again, one misstep could be fatal.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Caroline Arquette
- David Verger
- Jason McCray
- Jennifer Valetti
- John McCray
- Jonathan Ferguson
- Joshua Easter
- Sara Mukabi
- Terrance Mukabi
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor thinks of himself as a unicorn.
- Fitz's earliest memories are of wartime London and of the reassuring presence of his Dad towering over him.
- Anji's brother Rezaul Kapoor had an interest in astronomy.
- The Charing Cross was sent to Jupiter to study a shift in its weather systems. The ship had a subspace buoy.
- There are various references to the "alien occupation of Earth" during the 22nd century. Although it does not mention a specific alien race, the Daleks were notable for invading during this time period.
- A scientist claims that the Doctor can regain his memories if he chooses to. The Doctor says he is reluctant to do so as he is afraid of who he was before the amnesia. (PROSE: The Gallifrey Chronicles)
- He remembers boarding a space shuttle, the smile on his daughter's face, (PROSE: Father Time) Alan Turing, unsteady on a bicycle, (PROSE: The Turing Test) another body, falling back into flood waters, (PROSE: The Burning) the rocking of a railway carriage and soot on his tongue. (PROSE: The Ancestor Cell)
- Fitz remembers leaving the Doctor and the TARDIS on Earth to recover (PROSE: The Ancestor Cell) and rendezvousing with him later on. (PROSE: Escape Velocity) The Doctor remembers waking in the train and a note.
- There is another mention of Fitz's memories disappearing. (PROSE: Escape Velocity)
- The Doctor recalls him killing Nepath. (PROSE: The Burning)