|Fear of the Daleks|
|Main enemy:||The Daleks|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Director:||Mark J Thompson|
|Read by:||Wendy Padbury|
|Release date:||January 2007|
|Format:||2 episodes on 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Frostfire||The Blue Tooth|
Publisher's summary Edit
Why has Zoe Heriot been having nightmares about the Daleks? Who is the Doctor, a mysterious man from her past? When an evil scientist hijacks her mind to control a galaxy-conquering weapon, Zoe must stop him. First, she and the Second Doctor will face an enemy they had thought destroyed forever.
to be added
- The Xantha Empire was a former Earth colony that was now independent.
- The Tibari Republic was founded by fish-like amphibious humanoids.
- Professor Atrika, a Tibari scientist, planned to assassinate the president of Xantha so he could rule both groups, with the help of the Daleks
- Lavonia was where the peace talks between the Xantha and the Tibari were taking place.
- Both the Xantha and the Tibari share a common ancestry.
- This marks the first appearances of the Second Doctor, Jamie and Zoe in an audio drama.
- To date, this is the only appearance of the Daleks in the Companion Chronicles.
- This is the only Big Finish audio drama to feature one of the first three incarnations of the Doctor facing the Daleks.
- The Doctor reassures Zoe some time after this adventure that the Daleks have now really met their final end at last, but Zoe is sceptical as he has said this before. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- Dalek crystals are used in a similar fashion in AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element.
- Zoe remembers bits and pieces of her adventures with the Doctor (in the form of dreams), despite the erasure of her memory by the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games)
- The Company would later gain access to records of Zoe's therapy sessions. (AUDIO: Echoes of Grey)
- When she awakes from her dream, Zoe hears the Doctor's voice telling her that the Daleks "really have met their final end", possibly a reference to the Last Great Time War, which the second incarnation was briefly involved in, along with his other 12 selves. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- Official Fear of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- Fear of the Daleks at the Doctor Who Reference Guide