Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||Lady Millicent Ferril, Cronquist|
|Main setting:||Norfolk, 2011|
|Cover by:||Lee Johnson|
|Release date:||May 2011|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Sentinels of the New Dawn||The Cold Equations|
Publisher's summary Edit
In a small village in Norfolk, former astronaut Lady Millicent Ferril has established an observatory, tracking a meteorite from the Cronquist System. It is a meteorite that almost killed her years before — and perhaps left her not entirely human.
As Ferril's power grows, so does her influence. She can control metal. And anything metal — from a suit of armour to a bicycle — is now lethal...
to be added
- Lady Millicent Ferril describes the Doctor's scarf as "ridiculously long."
- The local pub in the village is called the Plow and Harrow.
- The Doctor left K9 in the TARDIS and told him to stay.
- Prior to marrying the late Lord Ferril, Lady Ferril was the NASA astronaut Millicent Drake. While she was on a mission in 1996, a meteorite struck her shuttle. She was the only survivor of the crew but she lost her limbs, which were replaced by metal prosthetics. She began to travel the world and met Lord Ferril in England. She is nicknamed "Metal Milly" by the people in the village.
- The Doctor plays darts with the locals in the Plow and Harrow.
- Lord Ferril's grandfather Sir Hector Ferril was a hero of World War II.
- The villagers refer to Lady Ferril's observatory as "Ferril's Folly."
- Madeleine Potter (Lady Ferril) previously played Lizzie Williams in AUDIO: Assassin in the Limelight and Yoanna Rayluss in AUDIO: The Cradle of the Snake
- This audio drama was recorded on 1 November 2010.
- The story was originally scheduled for the slot that was later filled by AUDIO: The Stealers from Saiph.
- The Fourth Doctor previously visited Norfolk in 60 in the company of Leela. (AUDIO: The Wrath of the Iceni)
- The Doctor and Romana are searching for the fourth segment of the Key to Time in Norfolk in 2011. They would later find it on Tara in the 24th century. (TV: The Androids of Tara)
- Romana describes Earth in 2011 as having a Level 4 civilisation. However, she would later describe Earth in 1979 as being a Level 5 planet. (TV: City of Death)
- Lady Ferril confiscates K9's dog whistle from the Doctor. (TV: The Ribos Operation)