|Festival of Death|
|Main enemy:||Repulsion, Paddox|
|Main setting:||Festival of Death, 2815 and 3012|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||4 September 2000|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 20 chapters, 284 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|Imperial Moon||Independence Day|
- You may be looking for the titular festival.
Publisher's summary Edit
2000 BBC Books edition Edit
The only problem is, he hasn't actually done it yet.
Aided and abetted by a drug-addled hippie lizard, a hard-hitting investigative reporter and a suicidal ship's computer, the Doctor has no choice but to travel back in time and discover exactly how he became a hero.
And then he finds out. He did it by sacrificing his life.
2013 BBC Books edition Edit
The Beautiful Death is the ultimate theme-park ride: a sightseeing tour of the afterlife. But something has gone wrong, and when the Fourth Doctor arrives in the aftermath of the disaster, he is congratulated for saving the population from destruction – something he hasn't actually done yet. He has no choice but to travel back in time and discover how he became a hero. And then he finds out. He did it by sacrificing his life.
to be added
- Fourth Doctor
- Evadne Baxter
- Harkan Batt
- Koel Paddox
Alcoholic beverages Edit
- Hoopy and his friends drink Old Bizzarre.
- Illegal narcotics used by Hoopy and his friends include Glycerat, Novovacuous, Phenyzide, Etheramyl, Opiasamin and Tutranol
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor has met General George Armstrong Custer.
- The Doctor failed his Time Travel Proficiency test at the Academy because he didn't turn up for it.
- The Doctor carries in his pocket a copy of Bor Pollag's Book of Alien Monsters, which includes illustrated entries on Akker-Takkers, Algolian Sithersbacks, Apostles of Grarb, and the Arachnopods.
- The co-pilot of the Montressor reads Shrieking Boy Veepjill - The Myth Behind the Truth - An Autobiography.
- Magazines available in the year 3012 include Guards and Guarding and Holding Captive.
- Alabast elephosaurs are highly immune to painkillers.
- Gonzies are a race of short, orange-skinned reptilian humanoids from the planet Gonzos.
- This novel was re-released on 7 March 2013 with a new cover to celebrate the Doctor Who 50th anniversary.
- Romana states that if not for his sonic screwdriver, he would probably still be trapped in a cellar in Paris in 1979. (TV: City of Death)
- The TARDIS previously jumped a time track. (TV: The Space Museum)
- Festival of Death at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Festival of Death at The Whoniverse