This is a screencapture of a 1987 event described at wikipedia:Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion incident and the image originates from Wikipedia. It is uploaded here using the same Fair Use criteria described therein:
- it is a historically significant screenshot
- it is of much lower resolution than the original broadcast
- the screenshot is only being used for informational purposes
- its inclusion in the article adds significantly to the article because it shows the character and nature of the pirate broadcast transmitted
- The individual(s) responsible for this broadcast have never publicly identified themselves or have been identified by third parties, thus no copyright claim has ever been made.
- It is irreplaceable by a free image that would convey the same information as this event only took place over a period of a couple minutes and only successfully broadcast on one TV station. Only fair-use TV screenshots exist of the event.
The rationale for use on the Doctor Who TARDIS Index File wiki, specifically the article Horror of Fang Rock is that this is a unique and unusual event in the broadcast history of the Doctor Who franchise and pertains specificially to a broadcast of this story.
Given the illegal nature of the broadcast, and the fact station WTTW, Chicago, did not authorize it, and that those responsible have never been caught (as of August 2009), it is unlikely any copyright claim could or will be made on this image.
Appears on these pages
Horror of Fang Rock was the first story of season 15 of Doctor Who. Graham Williams' three-year...
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||17:28, August 25, 2009||200 × 135 (11 KB)||23skidoo||This is a screencapture of a 1987 event described at wikipedia:Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion incident and the image originates from Wikipedia. It is uploaded here using the same Fair Use criteria described therein: # it is a historically si|