Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||DWA 270|
|Release date:||24 May 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Dummy Run||The Mirror War|
Finders Keepers was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2012.
Young student Schef is ridiculed when he opens up his compression-sack and presents the TARDIS to his fellow students as part of a class show-and-tell. While he is in detention, the school is invaded by a party of cyborg soldiers (Yeamorg Warriors). The Warriors have been hunting the Doctor by following sightings of the TARDIS across the planet.
While the Warriors wait for the Doctor to emerge from the TARDIS, the Doctor gets Scheff's attention. He explains that the TARDIS' HADS settings have let him distract the Warriors with a number of short trips while Amy Pond and Rory Williams disarmed their warship that has been carrying its supplies. All the while, the Doctor has been busy making a gadget to use against the Warriors.
Having adapted parts of the subliminal education enhancers, the Doctor fires a stream of background data at the Warriors, overloading their brains rendering them unconscious for a few days. Plenty of time for Schef and his teacher to get them removed by the galactic law enforcement authorities under Article 57 of the Shadow Proclamation.
to be added
- Amy and Rory are only mentioned in this story, having been left to disable the Yeamorg Warrior's warships.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 270 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The TARDIS HADS is mentioned. When the outer shell of the TARDIS came under attack, the unit dematerialised the TARDIS and rematerialised it a short distance away, in a safer locale. The defence system was first used in TV: The Krotons.
- The Yeamorg Warriors actions were in breach of Article 57 of the Shadow Proclamation. Article 57 prohibited the destruction of a Level 5 World if no law was broken. (TV: The Eleventh Hour)