Flashback (comic story)
|Main setting:||Gallifrey, the Rassilon Era|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine Winter Special 1992|
|Format:||B&W 1 part - 8 pages|
|DWM's "New Adventures order"|
|Pureblood||Emperor of the Daleks!|
- You may wish to consult
Flashbackfor other, similarly-named pages.
The Seventh Doctor gives Benny a lesson in Gallifreyan history using a 3-D holo-simulation. They watch as Magnus attempts to drain the power from a huge sphere of Artron energy which has been brought back from the Time Vortex. Magnus is strongly opposed by his former friend Theta Sigma who, when it is revealed the Artron energy is alive, uses a Chancellery Guard's gun to end the draining and set the energy being free.
The holo-simulation ends. The Doctor says Theta was commended by the High Council for his actions; Magnus never forgave him and the friendship between the two was ended forever. Then he says that it has been enough ancient history for one day; the past will always be there, but he far prefers the future.
- The Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- The First Doctor (holographic recording)
- Magnus (holographic recording)
- The TARDIS' 3-D Holo-Simulation suite is a direct "borrow" from Star Trek: The Next Generation's holodeck. The Doctor even uses the same voice commands to operate it.
- "Theta" in this story is the First Doctor, before he left Gallifrey.
- Artron energy is a primary power source of a TARDIS. In the early days of exploring the space/time vortex, a sphere of pure artron energy was discovered by the Gallifreyan Magnus. Upon draining the sphere it became apparent that the sphere was sentient with the ability to communicate. Theta intervened and the sphere was set free.
- Travel into Gallifrey's own past is strictly banned by the Time Lords for very good reasons, hence the recording of Gallifreyan history instead of an actual visit.
to be added