|Flight and Fury|
|Main setting:||22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 58|
|Release date:||26 November 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 2 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Carnage Zoo||The Living Ghosts|
Surrounded by the released lions at the zoo, the Doctor escapes on the back of a Vulgle, part giant Vulture, part giant giant eagle. The Dalek's transport of the Krikoosh by containment field has slowed its escape and the Doctor on the Vulgle's back is able to follow it to a building guarded by Daleks.
Dropped onto the roof, the Doctor sees a Dalek field research unit through a skylight. Creating a distraction, he jumps down and, using his sonic screwdriver, frees the Krikoosh and escapes with them to the roof of the building, where a Dalek appears and drives the Doctor and the Krikoosh over the edge, preparing to exterminate!
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 2/4 DWBIT 58 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...
- No reprints to date.
to be added
to be added