Publisher's summary Edit
A young lieutenant is sent to interrogate two strangers who were apprehended whilst intruding at a secure RAF base. The man seems strangely familiar, could pass for Lord Byron, and says he's an alien; meanwhile his female friend is apparently from 1930. As the lieutenant tries to find out what they're doing on his base, something connects them with a strange incident earlier in the day: stories of a giant insect...
- Eighth Doctor
- Charlotte Pollard
- Mike Yates
- Warrant officer
- Corporal Harris
- Group captain
- Time Roach
- Time Roaches live in the Time Vortex and can be caught using a time trap. They resemble ants but are the size of rats.
- Mike Yates quotes from Alice in Wonderland.
- Charley looks 18 or 19 years old.
- The Doctor's appearance is compared to that of Lord Byron.
- The Doctor serves tea.
- The TARDIS can be placed in temporal stasis, putting it partly-materialised out of the vortex.
- Charley is wearing a purple catsuit which she procured in the TARDIS wardrobe. Yates compares it to the sort of costumes worn in science fiction television series.
- Mike had never previously heard of UNIT.
- The Doctor describes Mike as one of his oldest friends.
- This story was available for download only.
- The Doctor calls Lieutenant Mike Yates by his future rank of Captain. (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice, TV: Terror of the Autons)
- The Doctor says he has just dropped off William Shakespeare in Warwickshire in the 16th century. (AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks)
- Charley immediately recognises a quotation from Alice in Wonderland. (AUDIO: Zagreus)
- The Time Roach doesn't like Charley, though she and the Doctor don't talk about why it doesn't. (AUDIO: Storm Warning, Neverland)
- Mike is informed by his group captain that the base will be visited by Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and UNIT to investigate a missing plane. (AUDIO: Vengeance of the Stones)
- The group captain has heard good things about the Brigadier from "Chunky" Gilmore. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)