|Main enemy:||The Master|
|Main setting:||London, 2006 and 1906|
|Part of:||Short Trips: The Centenarian|
|Short Trips short stories|
- You may wish to consult
Forgotten (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
While Edward is asleep he has a dream in which a voice calls him into the recesses of the TARDIS, to a tomb shaped like a Closed Eye. He leans against a stone staff for support, accidentally releasing the Master. The Master leaves the TARDIS and possesses George Steer, intending to kill Edward Grainger when he is born. The Doctor and the elderly Edward stop him with the help of the Graingers' maid Violet.
Edward dies quietly in the TARDIS at the age of one hundred.
As the Doctor leaves, the Master possesses the body of Violet's fiancé Richard.
- Eighth Doctor
- Edward Grainger
- Linda Grainger
- Mary Grainger
- Lawrence Grainger
- The Master
- Louisa Pollard
- Richard Pollard
- Keir Hardie
- Eleanor Grainger
- Sir George Steer
- Mrs Best
- Shayne Ward is mentioned.
- This story marks the final appearance of Edward Grainger, who is the central character throughout Short Trips: The Centenarian.
- Some of the events of the story Prologue take place during this story.
- The Master escapes the Eye of Harmony that was last seen in Doctor Who.
- The Doctor mentions the battle with the Master that took place in San Francisco from 31 December 1999 to 1 January 2000. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Linda last met the Doctor on 24 December 1990 during his sixth incarnation. (PROSE: She Won't Be Home)