a real world point of view
|Main enemy:||The Master|
|Main setting:||London, 24 June 2006|
London, 25 June 1906
|Part of:||Short Trips: The Centenarian|
|ST short stories|
While Edward is asleep he has a dream in which a voice calls him into the recesses of the TARDIS, to a tomb shaped like a Closed Eye. He leans against a stone staff for support, accidentally releasing the Master. The Master leaves the TARDIS and possesses many people, including George Steer, until he escapes the Doctor's grasp. As the Doctor leaves, the Master possesses the body of an aristocrat named Richard.
- Eighth Doctor
- Edward Grainger
- Linda Grainger
- Mary Grainger
- Lawrence Grainger
- The Master
- Louisa Pollard
- Richard Pollard
- George Steer
- Mrs Price
- Keir Hardie
- Edward dies exactly one hundred years after he was born and, due to the Doctor's intervention, on the same day.
- Louisa Pollard, Charley Pollard's mother, makes a brief appearance at the end of the story.
- Shayne Ward is mentioned.
- This story marks the final appearance of Edward Grainger, a character who has appeared numerous times throughout the Short Trips series.
- The Master escapes the Eye of Harmony that was last seen in Doctor Who.
- Parts of this story take place during the events of PROSE: Prologue.
- The Doctor mentions the battle with the Master that took place in San Francisco from 31 December 1999 to 1 January 2000. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Linda last met the Doctor on 24 December 1990 during his sixth incarnation. (PROSE: She Won't Be Home)