Click this button to go to discussions that need your comments and suggestions.Active forums
Wikia today confirmed that there was a bug in the oasis editor (source mode) which sometimes makes it difficult for Safari users to type an opening parentheses while attempting to link to an existing page. This is obviously inconvenient, but the matter has been already been referred upwards from Staff to the Engineers. The fact that it's already in the hands of the developers should mean that it's at least one step closer to resolution.
The reasons why it happens are not well understood at present.However, it can be reproduced fairly easily, if irregularly. Imagine you were trying to type a link to 42 (TV story). If in Safari, you sometimes will get as far as
[[42before being stopped. No matter how many times you attempt to type the opening parentheses, you won't be able to get it to print unless you type something else in between and then back it out. For now, the workaround, if you encounter this problem, is to type something like
[[42 ;sdlj (TV story)]]and then delete the jibberish.
Just to reiterate, the problem
- Affects Safari users, seemingly irrespective of version number
- Is only in the Wikia skin
- Is only in source/source-widescreen modes.
- Is Wikia-wide (not just at Tardis)
- Happens only when linking to an existing page
- Doesn't happen every time you try to link to an existing page
I'll keep you posted if there are any more developments with this issue.
- Thanks to Wikia's Sarah Manley for her speedy attention to this bug report.