a real world point of view
|Release date:||20 November 2003|
|Format:||Hardback Book, ? Pages|
|ISBN 1-903889-22-7 (Standard)|
ISBN 1-903889-23-5 (Limited)
|Telos Doctor Who novellas|
|Fallen Gods||The Eye of the Tyger|
Frayed was the eleventh Telos Doctor Who novella. It featured the First Doctor and Susan Foreman. This is one of the earliest-set stories set prior to TV: An Unearthly Child, it is the second in Telos' novella range to be set prior to this story Time and Relative was the first (and the first novella in the range). Tara Samms, the author is a pseudonym for author Stephen Cole who has written several Doctor Who stories, and had written several short Doctor Who stories using the pseydonyum of Tara Samms.
Publisher's summary Edit
'I like to stare into the sun, eyes wide. It burns incredible colours into my head, great shifting continents of them that blot out all else. And I try to keep looking until I imagine all the pretty blue has boiled away from my eyes and they are left a bright, bloody red and quite sightless.'
On a blasted world, the Doctor and Susan find themselves in the middle of a war they cannot understand. With Susan missing and the Doctor captured, who will save the people from the enemies from both outside and within?
to be added
- First Doctor
- Susan Foreman
- William Mosely
- Jill Helright
- The Doctor and Susan have left Gallifrey quite recently.
- The TARDIS chameleon circuit still works at this point. The TARDIS takes the shape of a boulder.
- The Doctor refers to the fault locator.
- The foreword was written by Stephen Laws.
- The cover art by Chris Moore was only used on the deluxe edition, which was signed by the author, artist, and foreword writer.
to be added
- Telos.co.uk page for Frayed
- Detailed synopsis of Frayed at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Frayed at The Whoniverse