Following a trace, the Doctor and Rose stop off at Terry's Café. A diner feasts on the chef's special "Fried Death". Growing ever more bloated, the diner eats to bursting. He reveals himself a Gastronaut, a race like Russian dolls, with a new body growing inside another, existing only to feed the next version. They are a race with tremendous appetites.
The Gastronaut is so impressed that he has told all his friends. Very soon, Terry is cooking for a café full of Gastronauts. They overrun the place, like a plague of locusts with the potential of stripping the planet. To make matters worse the loud, mean, bad-tempered TV chef and owner of a thousand restaurants across the galaxy, Rammzi, arrives. He is determined to take control of this new cuisine. When Terry declines Rammzi's offer of "Glitter Bird Guano" (smelly bird-poo, rarer than gold), Rammzi uses his army of chopbots (robot chefs) to extract the "secret".
Just when it looks like Rammzi is going to win, Rose mentions that her mother cooks a better fry-up and the Doctor recommends a better venue, Heston Bleston at the Fat Buck, quadrant 92, first left after the Horsehead Nebula. The Doctor's word of mouth sends the Gastronauts off in hot pursuit. Before Rammzi gets the chance to leave by teleport, the Doctor stops him and leaves him trapped at the diner with Terry.
With the waitress having walked out, Rammzi has no choice but to help clear up the mess left behind. His own people will come to rescue him in several hundred years.
to be added
- The character Rammzi, a blonde-haired TV chef known for his bad temper, is a spoof of the UK's popular TV chef Gordon Ramsay.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self-contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 8 (6 pages split 4/2) * NEXT ISSUE:
- Rose Tyler continues to show her fondness for chips. (TV: The End of the World, The Parting of the Ways, School Reunion)