Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||The Cinder|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Director:||Mark J Thompson|
|Sound:||Lawrence Oakley and Robert Dunlop|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||January 2007|
|Format:||2 episodes on 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|none||Fear of the Daleks|
Publisher's summary Edit
Vicki has a tale to tell.
But where does it start and when does it end?
Lady Cressida has a secret. She keeps it deep in the cisterns below the Temple of Astarte with only one flame for warmth. And it must never get out.
But which comes first?
The Future or the Past?
The Phoenix or the Egg?
The Fire or the Frost?
Or will Time freeze over forever?
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Cinder mentions the Doctor's hearts.
- Vicki notes that St Paul's Cathedral is still standing in the 25th century, after the Dalek invasion in the 22nd century and four World Wars.
- The Doctor, Vicki and Steven Taylor are joined on this adventure by Jane Austen.
- The Doctor, Vicki, Steven and Jane met a beadle in London in 1814.
- The Doctor dances a gavotte with Jane Austen.
- This story was the debut release of The Companion Chronicles range.
- It was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- The Cinder's timeline is a time loop, with its defeat bringing it into existence. The Cinder's existence is therefore a temporal paradox.
- This was the first Big Finish audio drama to feature the First Doctor.
- The Doctor says he once saw "a dragon the size of London bridge". (PROSE: The Sorcerer's Apprentice)
- Vicki recalls rescuing Steven Taylor from the Mechanoids. (TV: The Chase)
- Vicki is telling this story as an ageing woman in 1164 B.C., many years after she left the TARDIS in ancient Troy to marry Troilus. (TV: The Myth Makers)
- The Second Doctor, Ben Jackson, Polly Wright and Jamie McCrimmon would later visit another frost fair in December 1648. (PROSE: The Roundheads)
- River Song and the Eleventh Doctor would later ice skate on the frozen River Thames at around the same time during "the last of the great frost fairs." (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
- Clara Oswald would later strike up a relationship with Jane Austen, and stated that she was a good kisser. (TV: The Magician's Apprentice, Face the Raven)