a real world point of view
|Main enemy:||The Daleks, The Dalek time controller, Kotris|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Part of:||Dark Eyes|
|Release date:||November 2012|
|Format:||1 X 1 hour|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Great War||Tangled Web|
Fugitives was the second full cast audio story in the Dark Eyes audio anthology released in 2012 by Big Finish Productions. It featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Ruth Bradley as Molly O'Sullivan.
With the first objective of his mission reached, almost nothing is going to plan for the Doctor. He finds he cannot contact or return to the Time Lord's home planet, Gallifrey. And just when Molly O'Sullivan thinks she’s escaped one conflict, she finds herself in the thick of another one.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
- Molly O'Sullivan - Ruth Bradley
- Sally Armstrong - Natalie Burt
- Straxus - Peter Egan
- Kotris - Toby Jones
- The Daleks / The Dalek time controller / VSAI 001 - Nicholas Briggs
- Dunkirk Sergeant/ Srangor Herder/ Window Cleaner/ Halalkan Policeman - John Banks
- Cab Driver/Baker Street Security Guard - Alex Mallinson
- Molly believes that "the Doctor" sounds like a "tenth rate stage name."
- Prior to World War I, Molly worked in Eaton Place in London.
- Molly compares the Daleks to Kaiser Wilhelm II.
- Molly refers to Gallifrey as "Galilee".
- Molly has four brothers.
- Molly initially believes that there may be Germans inside the Daleks. The Doctor tells her that there is "something far worse than Germans" inside the Dalek casing.
- Upon entering the TARDIS, Molly realises that she has been inside it before. Although she consistently refers to it as the "Tardy-box," she is nevertheless able to operate the console and dematerialise the TARDIS.
- Upon arriving in 1972, Molly is surprised that electric lights have replaced gas lights and that cars have entirely replaced horse drawn carriages.
- The Daleks refer to World War I-era France as "Earth's 20th century, Zone One."
- The Daleks refer to 1972 as "Earth's 20th century, Zone Two."
- The First Doctor previously witnessed the evacuation of the British Army from Dunkirk in May 1940. (PROSE: Just War, PROSE: Byzantium!)
- Molly assumes that Gallifrey is in Ireland. (TV: The Hand of Fear, TV: Human Nature)
- The Doctor visits 107 Baker Street, the house in which he lived during his fifth incarnation from November 1866 to November 1867. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster) In 2008, he left the house to his companion Thomas Brewster. (AUDIO: A Perfect World)
- Due to the fact that Kotris was erased from history, these events never happened. The Doctor, Molly and the Dalek time controller are the only individuals who remember the original timeline. (AUDIO: X and the Daleks)