Gallifrey is an ongoing range, released by Big Finish Productions, all centring on Gallifrey and its affairs, both internal and external. Six series have been released to date, along with a standalone release.
The main focus of the story is split between Lady President Romana, as portrayed by Lalla Ward, and Leela, as portrayed by Louise Jameson. It also featured the return of Mary Tamm as Romana's first incarnation.
Publisher's summary Edit
Tales of intrigue and political manoeuvring from the seat of Time Lord power. Join Romana, Leela and K9 as they find enemies on all sides in a delicate game with the fate of Gallifrey hanging in the balance.
Series one Edit
Series two Edit
Series three Edit
Series four Edit
Series 4, titled Gallifrey IV on the box set, was something of a departure from the previous series. While the series does have an linking arc, there is far less connection between the four stories than previous series. Series 4 was described by Gary Russell on the Making of CD as a sort of "Gallifrey Unbound", with each of the four stories presenting an alternative timeline of Gallifrey's history.
Series five Edit
Series six Edit
Series seven Edit
Series seven saw another format change. Its sole release was a standalone two hour adventure.
- Lady President Romana — Lalla Ward
- Leela — Louise Jameson
- Cardinal Braxiatel — Miles Richardson
- Coordinator Narvin — Sean Carlsen
- K9 Mark I — John Leeson (Series 1-2)
- K9 Mark II — John Leeson (Series 1-4 and 6)
- Andred — Andy Coleman (Series 1-2, and 5)
- Inquisitor Darkel — Lynda Bellingham (Series 1-3)
- Romana I — Mary Tamm (Series 2 and 4)
- Pandora — Mary Tamm (Series 2-3)
- Chancellor Valyes — Steven Wickham (Series 2-6)
- Cardinal Matthias — Stephen Perring (Series 3, 5 and 6)
- Romana/Trey — Juliet Landau (Series 6-7)
- Ace — Sophie Aldred (Series 7)
- As with most of the Big Finish series, the main cast does not change between stories but there are many guest characters and cast.
- Romana and Narvin are the only characters to appear in all twenty-five audio dramas in the series.
- Romana, Leela, K9 Mark I, K9 Mark II, Darkel, Andred, Commander Maxil, Valyes, and Omega are the only characters from the classic series to appear in Gallifrey, though two distinct, alternative versions of the Sixth Doctor - namely, the Burner Doctor and Commentator Theta Sigma - appear in the fourth series.
- In a documentary included with the sixth series, Gallifrey VI, the producers indicated that the series was inspired by the American political drama The West Wing.