|Main setting:||Earth 2423|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||DWA 291|
|Release date:||18 October 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Bite of the Morphuse!||The Greedy Gulper|
The Doctor arrives during the closing countdown to the launch of Clean-up Day – when an army of automated Garbage-bots are turned over live to remove all rubbish for a cleaner future. But given the freedom to decide what is rubbish the Gar-bots include the humans (which they detect to be covered in germs), and begin a clear-up. The Doctor disguising himself as rubbish, gets collected and taken to the sorting centre where he discovers the Gar-bots central processor and re-programmes their definition of rubbish. As a result of the Doctor’s tinkering the Gar-bots turn on each other, and free the humans they had trapped inside.
- The Doctor
- This is not the first time the Doctor has encountered humans trying to dispose of their rubbish.
- The Doctor reflects on friends (and travelling alone).
- Unusually one of the people, a guard, taken by the Gar-bots, was given a name and called ‘Ray’ .Ray is rescued and re-united with his ‘pal’.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 291 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The Doctor mentions he likes fans and even considered to be a fan himself of the writer Charles Dickens (The Unquiet Dead)