a real world point of view
|Main enemy:||The Cybermen|
|Main setting:||Sylvaniar, |
The Doctor's TARDIS
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 110|
|Release date:||March 1986|
|Format:||Comic - 1 part (8 pages)|
|DWM comic stories|
|Revelation||Nature of the Beast|
Genesis! was a Sixth Doctor comic published in Doctor Who Magazine. The previous story, Revelation, led directly into this story and was itself connected to Exodus, making this the conclusion to that story.
to be added
In the castle on Sylvaniar, The Doctor and Captain Krogh discover a Cyberman with a human arm and leg attacking Director Rukh. Krogh's attack is easily deflected, but when two guards enter with the recently attacked Dr. Sovak, the Cyberman flees through a curtain. The curtain is against a solid wall, but the Doctor finds a secret passage. Dr. Kravaal follows the Doctor and Krogh through the passage. The three find Dr. Sovak manufacturing Cybermen in a secret laboratory. Sovak, who had faked his earlier attack, explains that some peasants took him to a crashed space vessel, where he discovered four damaged Cybermen. He has been rebuilding them with body parts taken from the kidnapped peasants.
Sovak orders his Cybermen to attack so he can control the castle, but he and they are electrocuted. Kravaal explains Sovak always had a problem with "heavy duty electrics". The electrics have caused a fire in the castle, and the Doctor frees Peri and Frobisher so they can escape in the TARDIS. Unfortunately, Frobisher reveals he is suffering from mono-morphia and is stuck as a penguin.
- Frobisher reveals that he suffers from mono-morphia, which means that he is stuck in the form of a penguin until further notice.
- Doctor Who Marvel Adventure Comic Issue 1
- Doctor Who Classic Comics issue 16
- Doctor Who Classics series 4 issue 1
- The World Shapers graphic novel
- A model figure of a Cyberman with a human arm and leg – based on that seen in this story – was later produced by Fine Art Castings.
to be added