Ghost Ship was the fourth Telos Doctor Who novella. It featured the Fourth Doctor. Uniquely for a long-form Doctor Who story, this is primarily told from the Doctor's point of view in a first person narrative. This is Keith Topping's only Fourth Doctor novel. However, he has written other novels featuring the First, Second, Third, Fifth and Seventh Doctors.
Publisher's summary Edit
Perhaps sensing the Fourth Doctor's deepening mood of introspective melancholy, the TARDIS lands in the most haunted place on Earth, the luxury ocean liner the Queen Mary on its way from Southampton to New York in the year 1963.
And will the Doctor be able to preserve his sanity as he struggles to save the lives of the passengers against mighty forces which even he does not fully understand?
to be added
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor is mistaken for Doctor Svengali; Master of Mesmerism, Prestidigitation, Chicanery and Sleight-of-hand.
- Auderly House is mentioned.
- Much of the story is written in first person narrative from the Doctor's point of view.
- The Doctor has just left Gallifrey after fighting the Master. He wishes he could have saved Goth's life. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- The Doctor reflects on the decision he made not to change history on Skaro. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)