Ghost in the Machine (audio story)
|Ghost in the Machine|
|Main enemy:||The second voice|
|Main setting:||Lezarata Research Centre|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox and Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox and Lauren Yason|
|Read by:||Katy Manning|
|Release date:||October 2013|
|Format:||2 Parts, 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
Publisher's summary edit
Mary had a little lamb, its fleece was white as snow
And everywhere that Mary went, that lamb was sure to go.
Jo Grant steps outside into the darkness and finds the frozen body of her friend, and the ship's log recorder. On it is attached a simple message - 'Use Me'.
As she explores this place, recording her every move, Jo discovers the horror that lies in the shadows.
But by then it is too late.
Part one edit
to be added
Part two edit
to be added
- Jo Grant / The second voice / The Third Doctor - Katy Manning
- Benjamin Chikoto / The Third Doctor / Jo Grant - Damian Lynch
- Jo spent approximately two hours going through the TARDIS wardrobe trying on different outfits. She considered many of them "groovy."
- The Doctor has Venusian conkers and jelly babies.
- Jo claims that she is "pretty nifty at karate" and that she once rendered Sgt. Benton unconscious.
- The first phonograph recording ever made was Thomas Edison reciting "Mary Had a Little Lamb" in 1877.
- This story was recorded on 18 October 2012.
- In several scenes, Jo, the Doctor, and Benjamin are forced to swap bodies in order to communicate when the Doctor is rendered voiceless. Thus, by the end of the story, Damian Lynch has played all three characters and Katy Manning has played both Jo and the Doctor.
- The Doctor and Jo briefly switch bodies. During his sixth incarnation, he switched bodies with Peri Brown on Volnex VI in 3978. (PROSE: Turnabout is Fair Play)
- When Jo finds the Doctor unconscious along with his audio log, Jo refers to the last time that this happened to him. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)