|Ghosts from the Past|
|Main setting:||England, Earth, 2109|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 55|
|Release date:||15 October 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 3 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|School of the Dead||The Battle for Time|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor is chasing the Koltroxa through time...
The Doctor takes the TARDIS to the future energy source that is feeding the Koltroxa and enabled her to escape. The Doctor and Donna find themselves back at the same house in the year 2109. A Professor Rubenstein has built a time-flux analyser here, at a weak point in time and space, with a history of ghostly sightings.
The machine is unstable and has been leaking time, which the Koltroxa has been feeding on. Suddenly, there are two Professor Rubensteins. One of them turns into the Koltroxa, who leaps forward and throws the switch to the machine. The Time Vortex is exposed, and time begins to merge. People from different times appear, and in panic, a Roman soldier strikes the crystal at the heart of the machine, making it shatter.
The Doctor snatches the necklace back from the Koltroxa, which protects the Doctor, Donna and the Professor when the time fracture seals itself. The house is consumed by the vortex. Leaving the Professor to explain the house's disappearance, the Doctor and Donna leave in the TARDIS, only to find that Koltroxa has become part of the TARDIS...
to be added
Myths and legends Edit
- The Koltroxa was thought to have been a Time Lord myth.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards the magazine carried a regular, four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 3/4 DWBIT 55 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...!
- No reprints to date.
to be added
to be added