Publisher's summary Edit
Barely escaping with their lives, they discover that the city is rife with tales of "half-made men" who roam the streets at night and steal people away. These creatures, it is said, are as white as salt and have only shadows where their eyes should be. With help from India's great spiritual leader, Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi, the Doctor and Donna set out to investigate these rumours.
What is the real truth behind the "half-made men"? Why is Gandhi's role in history under threat? And has an ancient, all-powerful god of destruction really come back to wreak his vengeance upon the Earth?
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Donna Noble
- Mohandas Gandhi
- Edward Morgan
- Cameron Campbell
- Adelaide Campbell
- Ronny Campbell
- Sir Edgar Campbell
- Mary Campbell
- Major Daker
- Captain McMahon
- Private Wilkins
- Gelem warriors
- The ear of a Fostarone turn blue when they lie.
- The Doctor initially believes that he and Donna have arrived in 1937.
- Zytron energy was discovered on Earth in 4947.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- During his fifth incarnation, the Doctor previously visited Calcutta on 31 December 1926 in the company of Nyssa, Tegan Jovanka and Turlough. (AUDIO: The Emerald Tiger)
- The Doctor mentions having had a relationship with Cleopatra, confirming Mickey Smith's suspicions to that effect. (TV: The Girl in the Fireplace)
- The Doctor refers to his teaching days. (TV: School Reunion, TV: Human Nature / The Family of Blood)
- Donna recalls the first time that she met the Doctor. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- The timey-wimey detector is destroyed. (TV: Blink). He would later either repair it or build a new one. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- Donna sees an image of the Empress of the Racnoss (this being one of the things that scares her most). (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- Donna remembers the way the Ood had been treated on the Ood-Sphere. (TV: Planet of the Ood)
- The Draconians are mentioned. (TV: Frontier in Space).
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by David Troughton.