Grimm Reality was the fiftieth novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Simon Bucher-Jones and Kelly Hale, released 1 October 2001 and featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Anji Kapoor.
Publisher's summary Edit
There is a world where wishes can come true. Where any simpleton can become a king and any scullery maid might be a princess in disguise. Kindness and virtue are rewarded, and the wicked are made to dance in red-hot shoes until they die. But a witch's oven will cook both the virtuous and the wicked alike, and many a frog-prince is crushed beneath the wheels of a cart before he gets that magic kiss.
This world has its own rules and it doesn't care that a certain Doctor Know-All and his friends don't know them.
Now other outsiders have come to the world — traders from the stars seeking the treasures that fell from the rip in the sky. There are riddles to be solved, contests to win, flax to spin. The world to survive.
But the World of Wishes is itself in danger from a race of beings with only one wish. And there is a Princess asleep, and a beast awake — and Giants.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Captain Christina Morgenstern
- Fairy Belesia
- The Ogre Bricklebrit
- Alex Volpe
- Duke of Sighs
- Iron Johann
- Tailor King
- William Brok
- Wulfstan Timtangle
- Fitz has read The Lord of the Rings, seen Forbidden Planet, and used to listen to The Goon Show.
- The TARDIS has Delia Smith's Cooking Dictionary – Book Thirty Four: Xylocarp to Zwieback in its library.
- The Doctor used to sing a song about windmills to Miranda.
- The desolate planet Albraxiz has seas of hydrochloric acid, which mould its sapphire beaches into smooth gems.
- Fitz orders mutton stew with gravy.
- The flying monkeys of The Wizard of Oz terrified Fitz when he was a kid.
- This was the 50th volume in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series.
- The full title of this Novel is Grimm Reality or The Marvellous Adventures of Doctor Know-All.
- The Doctor whistles "Colonel Bogey". (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor says that he is immortal on his father's side, barring accidents. (TV: The War Games; TV: Doctor Who)
- Anji recalls seeing the Doctor ride a horse on Hitchemus. (PROSE: The Year of Intelligent Tigers)
- The Doctor mentions the Kulan's attempted invasion of Earth. (PROSE: Escape Velocity)
- The Tenth Doctor would later encounter a sentient planet in PROSE: The Price of Paradise.