a real world point of view
|Companion(s):||Donna Noble (fabricated flashback), Martha Jones (fabricated flashback)|
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
|Writer:||Jonathan L. Davis|
|Letterer:||Robbie Robbins and Neil Uyetake|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Annual 2010|
|Doctor Who - IDW Publishing|
|Final Sacrifice||The Big, Blue Box|
Ground Control was the first story in the Doctor Who Annual 2010. In the same vein as TV: Journey's End, it saw exploration of the Doctor's misdeeds throughout the cosmos. In a sense he is also on trial, as his sixth incarnation was. As with TV: The Trial of a Time Lord, footage of the Doctor's prior adventures are viewed and analysed. The trial tries to answer the question "is the TARDIS a weapon". Further references are made to the Doctor's link with the TARDIS as he uncovers that he is being ticked. Again like Trial, the majority of the evidence is revealed as fabrication.
to be added
- Cobalites are a Panda-like race.
- K asks the Doctor if he will still be considerate of others in an altered state.
- The Doctor always wondered what regeneration looked like from the outside.
- Green mist from Orion's Belt sent the Doctor to sleep for ten hours, but had no effect upon Martha.
to be added
- When questioned as to why he's in a rush, the Doctor thinks of several of his enemies; these are: Judoon, Weeping Angels, Clockwork Droids, Vashta Nerada, Slitheen, Sontarans and animated scarecrows.
- K shows the Doctor footage of his travels with Donna Noble and Martha Jones. The Doctor uncovers the footage as a fabrication.