|Harvest of Time|
|Featuring:||The Brig, Yates|
|Read by:||Geoffrey Beevers|
|Release date:||4 June 2013|
|Format:||Hardback, 368 pages|
|The Wheel of Ice||The Drosten's Curse|
Publisher's summary Edit
After billions of years of imprisonment, the vicious Sild have broken out of confinement. From a ruined world at the end of time, they make preparations to conquer the past, with the ultimate goal of rewriting history. But to achieve their aims they will need to enslave an intellect greater than their own...
On Earth, UNIT is called in to investigate a mysterious incident on a North Sea drilling platform. The Doctor believes something is afoot, and no sooner has the investigation begun when something even stranger takes hold: The Brigadier is starting to forget about UNIT's highest-profile prisoner. And he is not alone in his amnesia.
As the Sild invasion begins, the Doctor faces a terrible dilemma. To save the universe, he must save his arch-nemesis... The Master
- Third Doctor
- Jo Grant
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
- Mike Yates
- The Master
- Eddie McCrimmon
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook read by Geoffrey Beevers, with a total play time of 11h, 47min.
- The audiobook was available as a download from the AudioGo website, and is now available from Audible.
- The Doctor mentions the Master's previous alliances with the Nestene Consciousness and the Axons. (TV: Terror of the Autons, The Claws of Axos)
- One of the Master's future incarnations is said to look like a "politician". (TV: The Sound of Drums)
- The Doctor notices various disfigured versions of the Master, reflecting the condition he was depicted in during TV: The Deadly Assassin and The Keeper of Traken.
- The Doctor recalls seeing the Earth destroyed millions of years in the far future. (TV: The Ark)
- This was the first appearance of a female incarnation of the Master. A female incarnation using the diminutive "Missy", short for the Mistress, would later reveal herself to the Twelfth Doctor in TV: Dark Water.