Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Harvest of the Sycorax|
|Main enemy:||Sycorax, Pharma Corps|
|Main setting:||The Blood Bank|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Tom Webster|
|Part of:||Classic Doctors, New Monsters|
|Release date:||28 July 2016|
|Format:||1 episodes on 1 CD|
|Classic Doctors, New Monsters|
|Judoon in Chains||The Sontaran Ordeal|
Publisher's summary Edit
In the far future, humanity has a remedy for everything. Whatever the problem, Pharma Corps has the answer and a designer disease tailored to every human's blood-type. Zanzibar Hashtag has no need to be sad, scared, stressed, or depressed ever again.
That is, until vicious aliens arrive on her space station intent on opening its Vault. What will it mean for the human race if the Sycorax take control of what's inside?
And when the Seventh Doctor arrives on the scene, can he convince Zanzibar to care about her life long enough to help him?
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Zanzibar - Nisha Nayar
- Cadwallader - Jonathan Firth
- Shadrak - Rebecca Callard
- The Sycorax Chief - Giles Watling
- Eshak - Alex Deacon
The Doctor Edit
- Blood control is able to control the Doctor's body and behaviour, but he retains his free will.
- The Doctor is able to shut down his mind when under attack to stop outside influences from taking advantage of his intelligence.
The Sycorax Edit
- The Sycorax's motto and battle cry is "Sycorax strong! Sycorax mighty! Sycorax rock!".
- As a form of worship, the Sycorax make a huge statue of their own image out of the skulls of those species whom they have murdered. The Sycorax priest intends to add Zanzibar's to the collection once he has killed her.
- The Sycorax are also weak to blood control. Zanzibar takes a blood sample from the dead Sycorax priest and she and the Doctor use it in the Sycorax's blood controllers to trick the Sycorax into hibernation.
- Human beings seem to have continued to invest in smart technology. They have watches with built in apps that analyse and report their health. Humans will now also date each other based on the results of dating apps, rather than use their natural instincts, which have been suppressed by the drugs that they take.
- Translators are required to help the humans understand the Sycoraxic spoken by the Sycorax.
- The Sycorax ship is a hollowed-out meteor, which uses its molten core as fuel. The Doctor finds the design undesirable.
to be added
- Sycoraxic is translated into Human English in the Doctor's presence. (TV: The Christmas Invasion)
- Humans are over-medicating themselves in order to dull their emotions and biological responses. (PROSE: Only Human)
- In response to negative emotions, such as grief or anger, humans take medication to remove and override them. There is also an option to remove memories of lost love ones. (TV: Gridlock)
- The Sycorax are executing human beings by means of an electrocution rope. (TV: The Christmas Invasion)
- Upon the Doctor's arrival into the room containing the Sycorax and the prisoners, the Sycorax and the humans begin to understand each other without the need of translation software. He calls it a "Time Lord gift". (TV: The End of the World, The Christmas Invasion)
- During the fight between himself and Zanzibar, the Doctor's only weapon is his famous umbrella. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Humans are, once again, referred to "cattle" by the Sycorax. (TV: The Christmas Invasion)
- The Doctor calls the Sycorax's attempts at invading worlds via blood control as "voodoo". (TV: The Christmas Invasion)