to be added
Part one Edit
In 2015, the 13-year-old Ross McNamara goes to the basement to find the legendary school ghost. He wants to impress his bully and former best friend Dan Hinchliffe. Years later Ross is still in the basement. He does not know what had happened and why he is still there. He goes through the empty, dark and silent corridors of the school where he meets the Twelfth Doctor.
Part two Edit
The Doctor explains, that there are no ghosts and that the ghost might be an alien. Suddenly it gets dark and then a Father Christmas toy is lightening up and starts playing music. It grins at Ross. Then Ross feels cold fingers on the back of his neck.
Part three Edit
In the light of the Doctor's new sonic screwdriver Ross sees a ghost of a boy. He manages to get free of him. Ross realises that it's 2115, 100 years after he first got into the basement. Then the Doctor and Ross go to the place where Ross went to in 2015. They find a Helestican space ship, which has time travel technology. Ross has travelled in time and while he was send forward in time an echo of him was sent to many different time, making Ross's echo the ghost of the school. The Doctor takes Ross home to 2015 where Ross celebrates Christmas with his mother and her boyfriend Terry.
- The cover features the Twelfth Doctor's new sonic screwdriver.
- The Doctor says he's getting better at emotionally connecting with people and asks, "Who needs cue cards?" (TV: Under the Lake, Face the Raven)
- Upon using his sonic screwdriver, the Doctor is delighted to find that it works, as he had not used it since first receiving it. (TV: Hell Bent)
- The Doctor says "What is it with you lot and building things on top of crashed spaceships?” This references many times where the Doctor finds spaceships underneath buildings, such as a Rutan ship under the Houses of Parliament. (GAME: The Gunpowder Plot)
- The Doctor calls Ross a "clever boy" and then his smile fades as if remembering something. It is possible that is remembering Clara's words, "Run you clever boy..." (TV: Asylum of the Daleks, The Snowmen, The Name of the Doctor, Hell Bent)