Helicon Prime was the second story of the second series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jake Elliott and featured Jamie McCrimmon.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's been a long time since Jamie McCrimmon remembered anything about his travels with the Doctor, but his visit to Helicon Prime just won't stay hidden... but why remember their murder investigation now?
to be added
- After being struck by lightning while walking on the Moors, Jamie recovers some of his memories of travelling with the Doctor in the TARDIS, specifically their visit to Helicon Prime.
- Mindy Voir is a well known singer. She is the only human with a ten octave range.
- Her father was a pioneer of sonic sculpting.
- Helicon Prime is "a long way" from Jamie's side of the universe. It has a honeycomb design with sympathetic gravity. It was located in the Parnassus Cluster but was moved to the Golden Section.
- While on Helicon Prime, the Doctor plays his recorder, reads four books and teaches Jamie how to play table tennis.
- Jamie wins a yo-yo in an arcade game.
- Petriforms look like glass but are actually crystal.
- Fennis was one of the frontier colonies.
- Volatile light is an unsafe wavelength and is poisonous to petriforms.
- A discretionary seal is placed on the bodies of murder victims to prevent contaminating evidence.
- The murderers are involved in a tontine.
- This is the only Big Finish audio drama that can be considered to be set during Season 6B. However, this placement is complicated by The Black Hole.
- This marks the first time that Frazer Hines reprised his role as Jamie McCrimmon for Big Finish Productions. Prior to this, he had been the only surviving Second Doctor companion to have never appeared in a Big Finish audio drama.
- For Jamie recounting the story, Helicon Prime occurs after he was returned to his native era by the Time Lords in TV: The War Games.
- The Doctor tells Jamie that Victoria Waterfield is away studying graphology. (TV: The Two Doctors) According to one account, this was actually a false memory created for Jamie by the Celestial Intervention Agency. (PROSE: World Game) According to another account, she did study graphology with the Monk who was disguised as Constable Pavo of Chapter 9. (AUDIO: The Black Hole)
- When Jamie is annoyed at the Doctor not leaving Helicon Prime, he mentions they should be battling Daleks (TV: The Evil of the Daleks, AUDIO: Fear of the Daleks) and chasing Robot Yeti (TV: The Abominable Snowmen, The Web of Fear).
- After relating the story of his visit to Helicon Prime, Jamie once again loses all memory of his travels with the Doctor. (TV: The War Games)
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver. (TV: Fury from the Deep, The War Games)