a real world point of view
|Her Final Flight|
|Main setting:||Rafiloe, circa 5097|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Release number:||2 (spine number III)|
|Release date:||December 2004|
|Format:||1 CD - 2 Episodes|
|Doctor Who -|
Specially Released Audio Dramas
|The Maltese Penguin||Cryptobiosis|
Publisher's summary Edit
When the Doctor lands on Refiloe, he's not impressed.
In fact, he doesn't intend to stay for more than just a few minutes.
But someone has decided that the TARDIS has made her final flight.
Someone whose future depends on the Doctor's death.
The Doctor arrives on Refiloe and the TARDIS is on the edge of a cliff. The Doctor steps out of the TARDIS and falls from the cliff. He wakes many days later in a hut where he is being cared for by Peri. The TARDIS has been taken by the locals and they believe it heals them. It is in fact the energy that has been released when the TARDIS malfunctions.
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- The Agent - Steven Bugdale
- Hamiyun - Jonathan Owen
- Rashaa - Heather Tracy
- Damus - Conrad Westmaas
- Tabisa seemed to have aged twenty years overnight.
- The Doctor tries to disable the TARDIS and it begins to collapse in on itself. The TARDIS resists, but the Doctor succeeds.
- This was originally a special release given away to Big Finish subscribers who had The Next Life as part of their subscription, but is now available for purchase.
- The story was originally scheduled to feature the Seventh Doctor and Mel (a cover featuring the Seventh Doctor was created by Stuart Manning during pre-production).
- The incidental music includes a recording of The Saint James' Singers, conducted by Julian Harris  with music composed by Julian Shortman  .
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 September 2004.
- Being in the "Eye of the storm" saves the Doctor and Peri. This happens again in TV: Last of the Time Lords and TV: The Big Bang.
- Official Her Final Flight page at bigfinish.com
- Detailed synopsis of Her Final Flight at the Doctor Who Reference Guide