to be added
- In the 16th century, it was believed that hiccups result from an "imbalance of the humours", but Liz knows they're most often a symptom of indigestion.
- The King almost threatens Liz with a death sentence.
- Rudimentary glasses have already been invented by 1539, though the King is too vain to wear them.
- Henry VIII has cataracts, rendering him "practically blind", but the Doctor cures him of this ailment with his sonic screwdriver.
- The King invites the Doctor and Liz with him to Hampton Court, but they decline.
- This may be, chronologically, the first known use of the sonic screwdriver in a medical capacity: in this case, to cure Henry VIII of his cataracts.